ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 whit 17" fitted

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Oh yeah! If you buy good tires 17" wheels are great! f**king bulls**t that 16" is best. For trackdays maybe but not for street use.

so wrong...try hammering down a lumpy pothole-covered B road in this country on 17's!! :dead:

i've had 17" wheels... they lasted a month before i binned them for some 16" items

I actually found the ride to be more comfortable with my 17" Pro Race 1.2's than the standard 16"s even over pot holes and yes the tyres that come with the 17"s are Cr@p but they'll do to pass the MOT in a couple of months before splashing out another £500 on quality tyres.

Mk2 1.2 Campus
I have to say I think this is a good, busy forum but I'm getting more and more pissed off. People always talk negative if people do stuff that's a bit different. A lot of people will only be happy when everyone has 16" turinis, sportlines and a stealth exhaust. It's f**king pathetic!

ClioSport -01
I have to say I think this is a good, busy forum but I'm getting more and more pissed off. People always talk negative if people do stuff that's a bit different. A lot of people will only be happy when everyone has 16" turinis, sportlines and a stealth exhaust. It's f**king pathetic!

Thank you!! I agree on this. And my rear spoiler ( V6 wannabee ) WHAT is so f**king wrong whit that anyway? I think it gives the car mor racingstyle AND more power.

Nice that i have someone whit me! Keep it up

Suzuki Swift Sport
i agree had 17s on mine and wasnt liking it - was alright but didnt feel as nice - also I dont think toyos are that bad - got t1-r's on mine and after trying a lot of diff tires including parada spec 2's and bridgestone re40s etc i like them!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T

A man after my own heart, get fed up of looking at standard sport Clios. Mines got a few tasteful changes (imo) 17" Black Pro race 1.2's. ST Orange painted brake calipers, V6 spoiler from a trophy (love ebay) and some black cased rear lights with clear cover. Will get round to posting some photos when I get back home in a couple of weeks and stand by for a sh1t load of abuse from the purists..........

1.6 16v
I really can't like those wheels, they are to big for the car, i think the 16 inches wheels are the best choice, i would go for Buddy club wheels...;)

ClioSport -01
I really can't like those wheels, they are to big for the car, i think the 16 inches wheels are the best choice, i would go for Buddy club wheels...;)

Buddy-Club-New-SF-Wheel_pag.jpg

This is the wheels i´m waiting for. But white whit red pinstripe. Looks great on silver clio =)

1.6 16v

Buddy-Club-New-SF-Wheel_pag.jpg

This is the wheels i´m waiting for. But white whit red pinstripe. Looks great on silver clio =)
I really like these wheels, and the best of all, they are half the weight of the speedline turini.:eek:

ClioSport -01
spot on.

i know from experience about 17's too... awful things for the Clio

How about 18's? ;)

18´s is nice, but expensive tires :S

The wheels coming from US and was really cheap! Limited edition and i hope that i am the only one whit this on! They were ment to be to my racing car but i thinking of Volk racing wheel insted. And i have to do some spacers to fit them on the car..

"Navy" N17 TWO
I like the 17s you have on :)

What splitter did you get?
K-Tec only make the CF one for the Mk2

RenaultSport clio 172 exc
have to say not to keen on those 17's but that a personal taste thing. i just dont see what the fasination with large wheels is?

is it purely asthetics? or do folk think they make the car faster?

in saying this i did have 15's on my chinquecento (first car, dont **** haha) and then tryed 17's on my 172 but found it made the car slower and was dangerous when you went into the smallest pot hole, launching you to the left or the right.

now back to the origional 15's that came with the car, lowered on coilovers and with PE2s and i am happy as s**t.

my theory is that when your driving you never get to see the wheels so why bother with fancy stuff. better getting the best perfomance.

just my opinion though

ClioSport -01
have to say not to keen on those 17's but that a personal taste thing. i just dont see what the fasination with large wheels is?

in saying this i did have 15's on my chinquecento (first car, dont **** haha) and then tryed 17's on my 172 but found it made the car slower and was dangerous when you went into the smallest pot hole, launching you to the left or the right.

now back to the origional 15's that came with the car, lowered on coilovers and with PE2s and i am happy as s**t.

my theory is that when your driving you never get to see the wheels so why bother with fancy stuff. better getting the best perfomance.

just my opinion though

The car looks redicules???? whit smal wheels. And in sweden we have really good roads whitout pot holes so i can travel in my Clio whit 17´s whit no problems!
The car is slow origional. And what performance should i do?
Exhaust? CAI? 182 manifold? Rape it whit a big turbo when the gearbox is like s**t?

was just my opinon dude.

iv got no probs with anyone modding there car, just dont see the point thats all.

see i think my 172 exclusive looks the nuts with the 15's and it lowered.

each to there own eh. i just dont get it.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T

In theory yes! for instance roll a five pence coin one revolution and measure how far it has travelled. Then take a ten pence coin and do the same, the ten pence coin will have travelled further than the five pence coin in one revolution. Two two cars same power different size wheels, one will edge ahead of the other going at the same indicated speed after the same number of wheel revolutions!!!
Like I said in theory as this will depend on the depth of the tyres fitted.......... but in reality probably not that you'd notice.

In theory yes! for instance roll a five pence coin one revolution and measure how far it has travelled. Then take a ten pence coin and do the same, the ten pence coin will have travelled further than the five pence coin in one revolution. Two two cars same power different size wheels, one will edge ahead of the other going at the same indicated speed after the same number of wheel revolutions!!!
Like I said in theory as this will depend on the depth of the tyres fitted.......... but in reality probably not that you'd notice.

hmmmmmm yeah i am aware of the concept of circumferance and with just that just in mind aye they should go faster.

however there are more factors than just distanced covered, like the torque needed to rotate the wheel. larger diameter requires more torque therefore you loose acceleration on initial start up.

also extra weight. now obviously you can get larger wheels that are lighter than smaller ones but from experiance this is not the case.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T

hmmmmmm yeah i am aware of the concept of circumferance and with just that just in mind aye they should go faster.

however there are more factors than just distanced covered, like the torque needed to rotate the wheel. larger diameter requires more torque therefore you loose acceleration on initial start up.

also extra weight. now obviously you can get larger wheels that are lighter than smaller ones but from experiance this is not the case.

Like I said in "Theory" but in the real world probably not and besides imo 17"s do look better than 15"s but we can sit and argue all day but in the end it comes down to personal taste and preference.... standing by for more "yeah but 15"s are better" lol if we all had the same taste the "Your Pics" would be rather boring all RB 182 with the same standard wheels and same standard lights.

Yea your bang on. I come here sometimes to look around because I'm thinking of getting a clio, and if anyone tries something especially put 17s on there car they dont get support, just get slagged off n s**t lool