ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Window washer pumps

Renault Megane R26
When I use the stalk I get nothing from the pumps the wipers go but no water. I have taken the pumps out and tested one seems to work fine the other is nothing. How comes this working one does not operate in the car??

Going to replace them tommorow any answers to this madness, will they both need to be working for them to work? I'm think polarity etc??

Renault Megane R26
For future reference for anybody with a simular problem; i've replaced the broken pump now, both are working, it seems that you need both to work for them to operate. Also if you test the connections only the right side will give you 12v the left side gives 0 as you need that left pump to work and be connected.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I had the same problem with mine, it was rather annoying but replacing the pump fixed it :D

182 cup
think im getting the same problem!

Where do you get the pump (s) from? motor factors? and what sort of price are they?

Renault Megane R26
Got 2 from euro car parts, around £20 for both.
Part number 488 54 5100 the one on the computer was wrong the guy had to go match it.
But now it all works perfectly, took every thing out which was easier. Wipers, Plastic, wiper mech and water bottle. took about 20mins in total.