ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Windscreen Replacements...

Had Autoglass come out to try and repair the stone chip on my windscreen yesterday and they could not fix it properly and you can still see the chip so I am going to have to get the windscreen replaced under the insurance, have to pay £50 excess to get it done.

Just got some questions, has anybody had their 172 windscreen replaced ? Was it done by Renault or another company ? The guy knew that it was a heat reflective with light and rain sensors so I know the right one would be put on. Would this screen be ordered from Renault ? I assume they cannot get them from anywhere else ? I just want to make sure the proper original type screen is put on.

when i had to have a new screen in my golf, although all the other windows were etched with the little vw logos the new screen wasnt..

i did question that at the time but it was kinda suggested "tough" its the same screen just not badged...

i think 50 quid for a screen isnt bad... the one on the golf was invoiced at nearly 400 quid and obviously i only paid the 50

Well I am in the process of selling the car but I obviously want the job to be done right.

If someone has had their screen replaced on their 172, was it badged as the original one was ?

I dont have a 172 but the screens the same, remember renault dont make the screens, its the same supplier that Rac, AA or whoever use. I had the wrong screen fitted in mine once (non heat reflective) but they fitted the proper one with no extra charge.

Im glad i only have 50 quid excess, cant believe these nutters who have 200/300, imagine if your screen had to be replaced twice in a month, ouch!

there are 2 different excess one is usually 50 and that covers glass only the other is excess on payouts for insurance claims

Daipac Ive had the windscreen changeed on my 172 mk2 it was done by autoglass the screen was exactly the same, the air bag sickers were even in each corner as the original 1.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by paul172 . on 31 January 2003

Daipac Ive had the windscreen changeed on my 172 mk2 it was done by autoglass the screen was exactly the same, the air bag sickers were even in each corner as the original 1.
Paul

Are these air bag sickers a bit like the sick bags in a plane?

;)

paul172, exactly what I wanted to know ! Cheers for that mate ! I will book it in on the weekend to get it done. Thanks again !

One quick question, did they do a good job and did they come to you and fit it at your home or work ?

PS GR, yes they are exactly the same as those !

Ok Girlracer i missed the T out i cant spell lol. Daipac they come 2 my works and fitted it, in about 1hr and they did a excellant job and let me check it over before i paided the £50 excess.