ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 with 182 manifold - CAT question

CS Dungeon
Decided to fit the 182 manifold and got a Ktec decat 182 to 172 pipe and fitting kit.

Was going to get someone to butcher the 172 CAT which I have got to the same length as my Ktec decat pipe.

Will the 172 CAT mate to the 182 manifold if I get the exhaust (centre section) end cut to match the magnex exhaust?

Or is a modified 182 CAT the only option?

Ph1
The flanges will but the pipework wont. Its bent and angled and you want a straight piece plus the 'cat' part is quite a fair size.

Measue the gap. 14.0'' something from memory. Cat of any car will do as long as it will fit the gap

LY 182
yep i modified my 182 cat to fit, i removed its innards but could have quite easily left them in, chop it straight down where its welded in the middle it needs about 2 inches taking out from memory then weld it back together

CS Dungeon
Wanna loan me the CAT for a cpl of days mate?

Will sort you out like :)

Even better, wanna MOT it for me once I have the engine back in;)

LY 182
i dont have a 182 cat (that still has its innards) anymore mate, know someone who may though i'll give them a bell.

CS Dungeon
Cheers for that ditz

Does anyone else that has the 182 mani have a modified CAT I can borrow for a small fee?

Failing that, where can I send my 172 CAT to be modified as I cannot weld for s**t

Ta