ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 (with disc changer) which aux lead?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hi all, i know there are a few threads on this, but each are a tad conflicting.

I have an 02 plate 172 with disc changer, please can someone link me to the aux connection/lead i need? (Keeping the standard stereo)

Thanks

Ph2 Meg 225
It should say on the front of the headunit somewhere, either 'update list' or 'tuner list'

With the tuner list I believe you will just need an aux cable from eBay about 6 quid which will plug in to the back, if you have the update list you will need a connects 2 aux adaptor box.

Ill double confirm which way it is later as I had to fit a connects2 adaptor box

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
It should say on the front of the headunit somewhere, either 'update list' or 'tuner list'

With the tuner list I believe you will just need an aux cable from eBay about 6 quid which will plug in to the back, if you have the update list you will need a connects 2 aux adaptor box.

Ill double confirm which way it is later as I had to fit a connects2 adaptor box

Aux lead arrived today..

I assumed this fat black one was the disc changer, so I unplugged that, and it was the disc changer. This aux lead connector can't fit, the pins are completely wrong! Any advice?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
  SQ5
That fat black cable is your earth.

The cd changer is the blue plug socket with 8 pins to the right.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sorry, black cable with blue socket. Green one is the new aux which is clearly different.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  Ph2 Meg 225
Wasn't it Update list that takes the aux lead. Tuner list requires Connects 2

This thread has made me question it, I got the info I posted from another thread on here but that may have been wrong, I'm nipping out soon so will find out which is which with my radio