ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 won't start.

PH2 172
Ph2 172 won't start, when you put the key in and turn the immobiliser light would stay red.
Now nothing happens when I put the key in even if I try charged battery etc
Tried doing the trick with holding the central locking button etc. but not worked.

Cars has never had a problem starting, latest job done on the car was replacing the wiper linkage.

Help.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
What happens when you turn the key, any lights on?

Does it make a clicking noise if you attempt to start?

Does the central locking work?

87p says the battery is fooked, especially as you say you tried charging it.

PH2 172
Lights come on, then straight off when you turn the ignition on
No clicking noises and cd changer doesn't do the usual whirring noises when out of battery

Central locking doesn't work

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Replace the battery.

The cold will kill off any weak batteries this time of year.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe. But as soon as you switch it off it will probably not go again.

How long have you had the car,

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Battery time. Mine did it earlier this year, couple of slow starts then just didn’t start. Popped a new battery on, about £40 and job done.

Clio 172
Does sound like a flat battery. Have you got a multi meter? Worth investing in one for less than 20 quid and watching a few youtube videos on how to do a few basic checks with it.

PH2 172
Update on this, bought a new battery and fitted it. Immobiliser light stayed red and wouldn't start.
Called the AA and I'm left with the heartbeat light on. This is a summary of what he did.
IMG_2186.jpg