ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 xenon headlamps

iceberg silver 172
took headlights out today swapped over ignitor, ballasts and then finally the xenon bulbs now come to the conclusion the bulb has blown the end of the tip is all white & black burnt patch in the middle!

i dont want to pay £160+ for renault bulb so can you upgrade to HID bulbs like 8000k i think they are?

or any body have spare bulb they want to sell @ a resonable price!

help/advice please thanks in advance.

RB FF 182
I got a pair of 8000k d2s bulbs off ebay for £40! Look mint!! Standards are something like 4300k btw. :)

iceberg silver 172
ill have look mate cheers so i take there twice as bright then just werent sure about cheaper versions didnt want it to look chavvy,cheap or lookalike! lol

thanks keep an eye out 4 my 1 headlighted 172 as i work in nuneaton!

Da

Less
8000K aren't twice as bright, they'll actually be worse as the usable light emitted will be less.

4300K is standard and I would recommend 6000K maximum.

I use 6000k hid bulbs in my car and they are alot brighter and whiter than my friends car with 8000k bulbs

RB FF 182
Yeah mine have a blue tint. Still bright enough. They were the only one's available at the time. 6000k are pure white. Ill.keep my eyed open. Watch out for the iceberg 172. Lol

clio 172
yeah or try hid-direct. im an expert on xenons now. i bought a clio 172 with none of xenons working replaced ballast, starters and ignitors, spot on now mate