ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172FF To Top speed slowly............

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I had some great blasts with a friend in his civic type R and me in my old 172mk2.We were even until 115 then he came past.Its fair to say it does die a little after the 100mph mark

ian

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Mine has 182 manifold, magnex & sport cat plus IK and reworked manifold. Will hit 140 easy within around 2-3 miles but then my private test track limits me to see if it will go anymore;)

Monblue bombay badboy!
my ph-quick gets to 120 really easily but struggles after that! But im not approving of doing 120 on the road;)

Mk2 172
on the motorways on the way back from the ring i hit the limiter in 5th which indicates over 150. obviously not the accurate speed but was fun doin it. honda s2000 behind me was not too impressed!!!!

M

mini-valver

Ive seen indicated 135 a few times in my 1.6. Struggles after 125.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
my cup gets bored after 120 or so, needs a long straight downhill to get to 140mph.

only ever done 140mph once or twice and absolutely screams, tis pointless really.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
I see the limiter in 5th in mine at least 2-3 times a week(when im on the autobahn).

172 CUP
yeah wasnt impress with the top end of the 172 cups

quick to 60mph
not to bad to 100mph

but after 100mph they really lack the last 39mph

after 120mph they are very slow to pick up

Not got a car
mine pulls very well to top end, no complains at all. 5th gear pulls excellent and as said can overtake pretty quick in 5th when cruising.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
any top speed takes a while unless it's a 'limited' car with mega power

but even the bl**dy diesel will top 120!

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Mk2 RS 172 Phase-1 drivers, anybody hit the limiter in 5th?

I get to 245 no prob so far. Up to 220 very nice and then getting a little slower.