ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172loony: H&R Coilovers for MK2 172

Hey mate, whats your thoughts on the H&R coilovers?

Im thinking of getting either H&R or KW coilovers. but Im leaning towards H&R at the moment.

The H&R is height adjustable but not the damper right?

How did you set it up? Height, camber....etc. I normally do street driving and occasional track days.

any help is appreciated, thanks!

BaBoo

very happy with them mate, camber is not adjustable as such on the kit as i know freds kit has elongated holes on the points where the strut mounts to the hub carrier. the ride is firmer than standard but strill supple and comfortable. height only is adjustable, damping, rebound etc is set and cant be adjusted but to be honest i think i would have left it set how it is even if it did have adjustment. setting up height was a bit trial and error basically set the struts at the front at the same height and the same with the platforms at the back then lowered the car back down measured height from floor to sill near each wheel and then adjusted accordingly. benr was not impressed with me keep faffing around with it, lol took a fair few hours to fit so set yourself a day aside if you are going to fit them yourself, thankfully i had the use of a ramp at work which made it easier.

They were VERY good, and all you really need, fiddling about with suspension settings doesnt really get most people anywhere because they dont know the reasons for changes.

lol, be warned when he hands you a bill for his cider and steak and ale pie while he is down there you will have added the cost of the kit on top again just to get him to fit them ;)