ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172mk2 vs fiat coupe 20v turbo

no car yet
my mates got a fiat coupe 20v hes been boasting about it for months i been in it its preety quick.he said when i get my clio he said he will destroy me ? would he

If it's the turbo then yes he will muller you, if it's the non turbo you will muller him I would have thought! (if it's the 20v I guess it's the turbo!?!!)

no car yet
Serious I Thought I Might Stand A Chance Agaist Him Specially Round Town I Been In It It Didnt Seem So Quick.its A Turbo

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
DJ vicious said:
Serious I Thought I Might Stand A Chance Agaist Him Specially Round Town I Been In It It Didnt Seem So Quick.its A Turbo

Dont be racing round town..........Gives the Clio brand a bad name, leave it to the Novas and Puntos.

my mate's got a 20vt and coming off of a roundabout he couldn't get past me upto a hundred. i dare say given more road he'd have sailed buy as the clio doesn't pull that hard that far up the scale.
he said he was trying, foot to the floor. in most cases i'd say the 20vt will be better, they even handle quite well too.

I've owned both 172 and 20Vt. The Fiat is way faster off the line and through the gears, 0-100 in 14.5 secs and 30-70 5 secs. Straight line it won't have any problems leaving a 172. On a twisty b road, the Clio would be faster. Despite the LSD on the Fiat, it majors on understeer, the Clio a much better handler.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I really like those fiats.good design....
timming belt change is an engine out job though i believe...

ian

20v was had quite bad lag i thought, a chassis that models the austin princess for handling ability and the brakes were gone in 1 mild of B roads.......crap. Sounded good though.

Elise/VX220/R26
hmm I think it will be pretty close, they have a similar bhp/kerb weght to a standard megane 225 so they might be slightly quicker, maybe when rolling a fair bit faster but if the coupe is older not running 100% etc vs a newer 172 you might get closer than you think. Gourgeous car though always wanted one but insurance was always the killer :(

Depends what he means by 'destroy'

Doubt theres massive differance under a ton :)

Had a play with a few 172's,182's and a local 20vt here in torquay and cant say the coupe stood out as massively faster than the clios untill silly speeds.(all canon fodder :p )

Coupe does 1/4 in low 14's if I remember right, believe a healthy 172 will get into 14's ?

no car yet
chears guys i better stay well clear of him then.and by town i ment twisty roads with short strights?i thought i have a chance coz when i was in my mates 172mk2 we had a play with a 330ci on a sright and beat it with 18s on anit the 330 similar performance to the fiat

Evo MR FQ300 & Clio V6
Yep stay clear of them and WELL clear of mine ;)
Once the handling beens sorted they are amazing in the twisties - Not as good as my Williams, but allot better than most things I have driven!! when they have the usual add ons they surprise a fair few things on the road!!
Mine eats my V6!!

Si

no car yet
Seious Man Dats Scarey My Mates Says He Eats Subru On Motorways For Breaskfast In His 20vt He Said 3rd Gear Is The Killer And Top Speed 155

don't even think about it mate. i have a friend who has a 172 he once raced with turbo , you won't like the result so save the humiliation and disapointment for ur car. just don't race with cars you can beat. that fait turbo guy kept telling me u wanna try i told him no. you can try and beat mini cooper s , cars like hyundai coupe. no turbos man.

Monaro VXR
After some minor fettling they will hit 60 in under 6 seconds.

Also sounds bloody gorgeous that inline 5.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
My mate has a 20V-Turbo. They are absolutely rapid. I just loved how it pulled so well to the ton in 3rd...exceptionally quick cars! I would race one just for the fun aspect. I know i would lose, but i doubt a 172/182 would get mullered.

Their power to weight ratio is around the 167.9 bhp per ton (so lets just say 168bhp / ton) which is not a lot more than a 172/182...but they have the added turbo, and torque.

Leave alone if you dont want to get humiliated.

Tyson.