ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

175MPH IN A NOVA...

J

JACKO CUP 172!

GET THERE WELL QUICK TOO.. VERY FAST IT WILL PROB GO BANG!!

1998 Clio 1.2 8v
2litre turbo nova tops out at more like 165mph real speed...

quite reliable to...

still a box on wheels tho lol

I have a lot of respect for the guys that still run Novas. A few that turn up at various events at Castle Combe during the year build them in their garage for next to nothing over winter, and then they go and pass 75% of the cars out on circuit with no trouble.

Most are really tidy jobs, sure a few have questionable taste but most I see are built purely for speed/handling and perform superbly.

clio dci
mmm nova chav mobile loads of nobs in baseball caps flying about wheel spinning everwhere!mmm just like clio's

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i like novas, my mates got one with a 1600gte engine fully lightned and ballanced, fast road cam and motor bike carbs.

got an astra coupe bonnet, astra coupe front lights, and wide arch kit on it.

hes had it since he was 17 when he bought it standard, hes now 27!!

BMW M3
" my vts has got alloys, body kit an bin lowered an t***s the s**t out of pretty much everythin on the road an im 17 so f**k you an get real =] "

God i hope he pulls up next to me at a set of lights lol

clio mk1
i would have a nova, an am not a chav, i just like the old skool cars, 5gtt, mk1 clio, NOVA, there all simple an the way it should be.

Ph1
lol. Agree, its still a nova. pmsl!

It might still be a Nova but its a Nova that will p*ss on ANY Renault Sport Clio modded or other wise.

Chav and the Nova relation was like 1995... Get with it fools where in the modern age

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im all for novas but that coment isnt true ^ plenty TB'd clios with only 240bhp that would nail that round a track, you ever seen a c20let corsa or nova trying to go round a bend?! coilovers or no coilovers they dont handle worth a f**k too nose heavy and far far to much power, even with the standard 200 odd bhp!

as for straight line, matts clio would have been just as fast if not faster likely.

J

JACKO CUP 172!

a few mates have got nova 1 of them is turb'd and running about 300+ and the other is a nova van with 20L redtop still very quick but he cant get no traction..

visualize whirled pe
I like this nova simply for the fact that someone would go to the trouble of making a little car like this go so quickly rather than spend their money on a factory spec modern car. I've never owned a nova (I had a less desirable metro) but I have fond memories of all those 80's and early 90's hatch backs.
If money was no object and I could afford to run a second car I'd like to own a r5gtt, a stripped out valver or a nova one day.

I like this nova simply for the fact that someone would go to the trouble of making a little car like this go so quickly rather than spend their money on a factory spec modern car. I've never owned a nova (I had a less desirable metro) but I have fond memories of all those 80's and early 90's hatch backs.
If money was no object and I could afford to run a second car I'd like to own a r5gtt, a stripped out valver or a nova one day.

Too true, i have maximum respect for people like this. Simply because there engineering talent have created such monster. It wouldn't matter to me if it was a Nissan Micra or a Ford KA, still takes some for thought and enterprise to create these beasties. If one for these raped me off the light I'd get them to the side of the road quick sharp to find out what they'd done and shake their hand in person.