ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

18 1yncb 3 points -> clio 172?

SC VX220 + BG 182 FF
really really want one, can't get insurance cheaper then £2900 fully comp with a £500 excess that with bell.

any ideas? before you start slating i no its not going to be cheap just wondering if theres any specific companys out there which will be a bit cheaper for me.

reason for upgrade:

-look stunning
-nice interior fed up with my stripped out saxo
-nice amount of power so hopefully won't need to upgrade in later time
-lots of cool gadgets; air con, abs etc.
-handle and easy to mod if i want to go down that route again
-want the best model as i brought a furio and spent loads making it quick and look like a vts

every constructive post will be appreciated :approve:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Have you tried putting your parents on as named drivers? So policy still in your name.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
im the same boat :(

19yo, 2 years driving, 3 points 0ncb, £2500 :(

before my claim and points i could get insured on a 197 for £1500 and a 182 £1600

Italian 3.2 V6
Buy a 106 GTI for now mate. I did what your doing (£2.7k) and wish i'd bough a R5 GTT or a 106GTI.. 172 next year mate. Should shoot down to about £1k fully comp ;) that's a saving of £1900 (in your case) for waiting a year..

106 GTI's arnt much slower at all, this has been proven loads of
times plus iv been up against a VTS myself in my old 172 and struggled tbh.. Did eventually pass but wasn't easy. Could of been modded ofcourse but there cheap as chips to mod!

PSJ.

Done your pass plus? Get it done if your still in a year of passing.. (Also does anyone know is it still a year limit to get it done after you pass? Wish i had)

Look in The Boosh'es thread for insurers list and get phoning up.

Really the only thing that will make it come down is age, location and NCB..

Your just going to be paying a big wack on insurance.

What are your points for?

MK3

Dynamiqueee
I know how you feel mate, insurance companys are cnuts! How much were you paying on your saxo? It would be great to get one now, but makes alot of sence to wait a year and save alot of money.

SC VX220 + BG 182 FF
paying around 1k tpft on my saxo with all mods declared etc, points are for going threw a red light silly mistake with in 10 days after passing.

added mum and dad on the 2900 quote, don't fancy a gti or a vts as it basically what mine is - will put up some picks..

i'm trying to mature from that scene and not be looked at by public or police with there noses up for being acused 'chav'

not many insureres care about pass plus when i already have 1 years no claims... and adrian flux is my current insuraner who are after something like 4k tpft...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Buy a 106 GTI for now mate. I did what your doing (£2.7k) and wish i'd bough a R5 GTT or a 106GTI.. 172 next year mate. Should shoot down to about £1k fully comp ;) that's a saving of £1900 (in your case) for waiting a year..

106 GTI's arnt much slower at all, this has been proven loads of
times plus iv been up against a VTS myself in my old 172 and struggled tbh.. Did eventually pass but wasn't easy. Could of been modded ofcourse but there cheap as chips to mod!

PSJ.
The perfect steeping stone imo.

Listerine & Poledo
stick with what you've got now

then in a couple of years you'll be in a much better position, if it's really a 1X2 you want, they'll still be about.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Buy a Mk1 Focus RS, they are cheaper to insure than a 1*2. My brother (hes 19) got 35Quid back when he swapped his insurance from a 172 to his MK1 Focus RS.

330i. E30 Touring.
^£35?

The RS will surely cost FAR more than an RS to run, meaning it's wasted money. Plus, they're more expensive to buy!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
^£35?

The RS will surely cost FAR more than an RS to run, meaning it's wasted money. Plus, they're more expensive to buy!

But that wasnt the point the point was he had 172 which was "fast" but now he has something "extremely fast" and a lot more desirable. Yet its cheaper to insure.

Same way i can insure alot of nicer car than a clio for example TVRs :evil: For the same price i pay on the Clio.

Clios are Very expensive on insurance for what they are.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Mines £1880 with brentacre. Ph1 172, 19, 1 year ncb, 2 years driving. 3 points.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
May aswell wait tbh, save up so you can buy a good example 172 and have the money to insure it.

Also, have a slower car for a year or two as you learn the ins and outs of driving etc and get some experience.

Audi S1
Got for it mate. People on here will always say wait, but it's you whos paying the money.

You can get a decent one for 3.5K, but do think long and hard and think isit worth 2700 on the insurance.

Arctic 182 + yozza
if i were you i'd get a 106 gti, few mods and you'll be on par with a 172!

then if you still want one in a year insurance will be alot cheaper, there'd be something else you wanted by then anyway!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
The other way to look at it is.

If you pay £2900

Thats - £7.95 a Day for insurance alone.

Or 36P for every mile you drive (if you drive 8k a year)

+ petrol + Tax + running costs.

Better than yours. C*nt.
But that wasnt the point the point was he had 172 which was "fast" but now he has something "extremely fast" and a lot more desirable. Yet its cheaper to insure.

Same way i can insure alot of nicer car than a clio for example TVRs :evil: For the same price i pay on the Clio.

Clios are Very expensive on insurance for what they are.

But I'm guessing you've forgotten the fact that the TVR is £15k plus and the Clio is 5p. I could insure a Murcielago for the same as I pay currently, but it's a pointless comparison as I don't have £90k to spunk on it!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
i bought a ph2 172 and for me (20) and my misses (18) it is £1500 fully comp which is mad considering she has only been driving 9 months and i only have 1 yrs ncb. lol

she was paying £1100 just for a 1.2 corsa.