ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 £14,450 = good price

Cambridge (Wests) Renault dealership. Brand new UK car, first owner: £14,450.

£5,100 down payment, 0% interest over 3 years on the rest. Cup suspension + trimmings, Arctic Blue. Not trading anything in. July delivery...

How good a deal is this?

Thanks. Ive heard of £13,500 on here, but I imagine thats with a finance package where they can can make more margin and therefore offer a lower car price. Not phased by import/pre-registered, but would need a loan to get one, which then puts the overall cost above Renaults offer!!

Test drive was awesome, im convinced!!!!

[Edited by AndyG on 04 May 2004 at 1:01pm]

Cool. What makes you think I can push harder? There is no finance on which they can make interest, as this is zero %.

What is the target price for this kind of deal structure?

Cheers a million!

Lee

BMW M2C

The fact that you have got interest free credit makes it sound like a pretty good deal to me. That over 3 years is dam good deal on a new car of that value, considering the amount of the car which you are taking on credit.

Places like Lloyds TSB car select, or some of the importers will be cheaper, but I doubt it would work out cheaper in the long run if you have to take credit out from another source.

12300 at SCI direct with cup pack (uk dealer car), or 11850 without at motorprovider, (parallel import)... to pay over 14k is nuts!!!

When your on finance you dont get a lower spec car or anything like that, you can push em a bit further mate, say that another local renault has offered you a better deal, if they dont lower the price walk out of the showroom, theyll call you for sure :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 04 May 2004

The fact that you have got interest free credit makes it sound like a pretty good deal to me. That over 3 years is dam good deal on a new car of that value, considering the amount of the car which you are taking on credit.

Places like Lloyds TSB car select, or some of the importers will be cheaper, but I doubt it would work out cheaper in the long run if you have to take credit out from another source.
Yeah, this was my thinking too - i can get the car cheaper elsewhere, and thanks for the suggestions, but with the interest on the loan id need, the _total_ cost of the deal would be more expensive, by around £2k!

So, I was wondering, for *this* kind of deal structure, is it a good price or not? :)

[Edited by AndyG on 04 May 2004 at 1:08pm]

Lee

BMW M2C

Its swings and roundabouts guys, you either pay more for the car and get interest free credit, or less for the car but have to pay interest which in the end brings it up to pretty much the same price at the end of the 3 years.

Interest free credit on a car like that is rare as rocking horse sh*t.

[Edited by Lee M on 04 May 2004 at 1:10pm]

dk

911 GTS Cab

I got mine from Lloyds TSB Carselect and got it for £13100 but with the interest I will end up paying about £14100 so I would say it works out about the same and that isnt a bad offer.

£14,175 on same deal structure from another local dealer; its getting interesting!!! :) Poor sods, its grim playing them off against each other.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by AndyG on 04 May 2004

£14,175 on same deal structure from another local dealer; its getting interesting!!! :) Poor sods, its grim playing them off against each other.
Keep going.

Its not grim at all, make them work for the sale. :D

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 04 May 2004

According to WHAT CAR? the OTR price to aim for is £12,877 from £14,700

<A target=_blank href= "http://www.whatcar.com/RoadTest_FullData.asp?DL=0&RT=206044http://www.whatcar.com/RoadTest_FullData.asp?DL=0&RT=206044
yeah, ive seen pricing like this, but often its gotta be a very specific deal structure for this to be worthwhile for the dealers - e.g. making margin on the finance, or a pre-regd car. If not, then Im *very* intrested!! I looked at pre-regd and imports, but needing a loan (at, say 6-8% interest, whatever) the total cost of ownership is actually higher than Renaults 0% offer. It seems the £14,450 initial offer was pretty competitive, if i can get em to £14,000 ill sign. Now, what colour, Yellow or Arctic blue............. Mmmm.

Silver Fabia vRS

Andy - I doubt youll get yellow for that price as it is noramlly £1150 on top of a normal car! I couldnt get it thrown in for free!

Ford Fiesta

AndyG I think it is a good deal from a official Renault dealorship. I am getting mine from a renault dealorship and not afraid of saying im paying book price, (decent trade in price though) but I am also getting the 35% deposit, and 3years 0% finance from RFS. yes 3 years 0% with a 35% deposit, outstanding I thought, usually its 50% deposits.

Anyway at end of the day its up to you where you decide to get the car from but me personally I wouldnt mind paying a little extra to get from a mian renault dealor in my area. Only a little tho.... :)

I ordered one at the weekend. I got £8000 trade in for my 172 and managed to get the 182 price down to £13500. This is from an official dealer with cup pack and cup spoiler. I didnt think that it was a bad deal, so I just went for it.....

Mondeo STTDCI

Cant be arsed to read whole topic but got offered one for £13,400, and then £13,000 at another dealer, for cash, not finance.

Cheers all. Having phoned round the other local dealers, think im gonna settle for Arctic Blue, 182 + cup goodies; for a flat £14,000 (best price). Lovely, happy with that. But man, doesnt the yellow look sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But could i live with it??? :)

182 Spiced

Someone posted 13,600 with 0% over three years. So you can get lower. You have to play them the way the play you.

Turns out best deal i can get (on Renaults 0% over 3 years) is £14,150 OTR. This is a £200 saving against the Pre-regd/broker route, which was interesting to find out (with Tescos 6%)!

Should be joining the 182 waiting list club tomorrow, all being well. Just gonna sleep on it, but pretty sure itll be Arctic Blue 182 with all the trimmings. Roll on July!!

Anyone want to buy an 8v Seat Ibiza Gti for £3,500? :)