ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 12k service

Where can i find a list of what they change/check at the 12k service? do they touch the air filter? (i.e. should I remove my itg panel filter?)

Cheers,

Matt

dk

911 GTS Cab

yes they replace the filter so you will need to tell them not to touch it and the bill will be reduced because of the cost of the filter (so ask them for a normal price first, then tell them you have the filter and they can knock money off - otherwise the price they give you will be without the filter they will say knowing renault)

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

I removed my filter before it went in. I know its a replacement part but if anything went wrong they could have kept a note that the air filter was non original reno part.

If you ended up with any fuel injection problems or anything the intake of air affects they could blame that and you would be in the s**t so to speak.

Just a thought...

Ziel Nurburgring

I got mine for £118. That was because i supplied my own fully synth oil and had an itg. So basically they stamped my book and swapped the oil filter, not bad for £118 :cry:

But they did do a really crap job of washing it so i suppose its worth it......

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 15 February 2005

I got mine for £118. That was because i supplied my own fully synth oil and had an itg. So basically they stamped my book and swapped the oil filter, not bad for £118 :cry:

I thought mine went well until I looked under the bonnet yesterday and found that they hadnt replced my engine cover properly and have left a bolt out and also the bit that covers the oil hole!

Spoke to them about it and they wont do anything for me, they say that it must have fallen off while I was driving and isnt their fault!

Now you will all know how tight those things are and is not just going to fall off!

They want £12 for a new one!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 15 February 2005

I thought mine went well until I looked under the bonnet yesterday and found that they hadnt replced my engine cover properly and have left a bolt out and also the bit that covers the oil hole!

Spoke to them about it and they wont do anything for me, they say that it must have fallen off while I was driving and isnt their fault!

Now you will all know how tight those things are and is not just going to fall off!

They want £12 for a new one!

Exactly same mate. luckily had a good look round when i got it back so they gave me another one for nothing.

Ziel Nurburgring

Along way away, lol. Am based just outside reading.

If you want oil to last the rest of your lifetime ill get you a number for a contact on here that sells 24lts for £64. Meaning that instead of renault (or other manufacturer charging you £40+ for 4.5lts of crap oil, your oil changes cost about £12 and get 5 changes out of your supply.

tiTTy & SV650

Along way away, lol. Am based just outside reading.

If you want oil to last the rest of your lifetime ill get you a number for a contact on here that sells 24lts for £64. Meaning that instead of renault (or other manufacturer charging you £40+ for 4.5lts of crap oil, your oil changes cost about £12 and get 5 changes out of your supply.
do we trust reno to use the oil we supply? Or will the half inch it and use it in their own cars?!