ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182/172 Cup springs...the same?

Clio 182
I need some springs for my Williams 1, I know the 172 cups springs fit but are 3mm lower iirc? But do 182 springs fit?

IIRC the 172 cup has a slight wider track so im unsure if the 182 springs will fit, any help would be much appreciated.
Ta
Dan

Cup'd Monaco 172
I have the 172 cup springs on my car, and notice they all have a white and yellow tab of paint on each.

I saw a For Sale thread for 182 cup springs on here recently and notice they have a white and red tab of paint. I am thinking this something to do with spring rate and thus are different as said.

Just a piece of trivial knowledge...:)

Clio 182
Ah cool, not too fussed about spring rate etc...just wanted to know if they would fit, ta guys

tiTTy & SV650
Are 182 and 182 springs the same? do they have the same track etc?! same height?

springs have nothing to do with track really, that comes down to the hubs.

the 182 cup sits 3mm lower than a 182 but there's a tolerance on springs of +/- 5mm so this wont make any difference. 182 cups supposedly have 10% or so stiffer suspension than non cups, the shocks are different so it may come down to the shocks more, or they may have a slightly different spring rate too.

minefield, just get eibachs