ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182/172 vs Corolla T-sport

D

dick

for some reason? much better built, much better dealers, much classier cars,

theres your reason

Leon Cupra R 225
lol @ the scrotes comment on their forum.

RS's are quicker standard. that's the main point of your thread answered.

better built is possibly the only thing going for a corolla over any RS. they're sooo boring and farty! all old people own one at some point

TDI tyre shreader
cant even be arsed reading all that crap on there, i had a dabble with a corolla T-sport of a round about and i was only just pulling in my 172 they are damn ugly cars tho!

320d
for some reason? much better built, much better dealers, much classier cars,

theres your reason

Yeh but there too boring for me, there an old persons car much rather have a faster more fun french car.

although my door has developed a rattle :mad: french crap

:rasp: you want the 1.8sr 130 hp with Dual VVT-i. Peak horsepower is achieved at t 6,000rpm and maximum torque of 173Nm at 4,400rpm. Working with a five-speed manual gearbox, it gives zero to 62 mph acceleration in 9.3 seconds and a top speed of 120 mph. :D i was looking at the 1.4d sr 5dr when i was buying my car

stunning ;) an for the 5dr haters

Leon Cupra R 225
:rasp: id have the 1.8-litre sr 130 hp petrol engine with Dual VVT-i. Peak horsepower is achieved at t 6,000rpm and maximum torque of 173Nm at 4,400rpm. Working with a five-speed manual gearbox, it gives zero to 62 mph acceleration in 9.3 seconds and a top speed of 120 mph. :D i was looking at the 1.4d sr 5dr when i was buying my car stunning ;) an for the 5dr haters

Are you a salesman?
If you don't mind the 5 doors you should have bought an LCR like I did.. Or are they too quick for you? ;)

actually :eek: that 5dr does look dam good it makes my clio look ugly :(

if i could afford a lcr id have one tdi mind you ive not got deep pockets for fuel lol it maybe a bit quick as well

i just copyed the info from the web i had a drive an was very impressed with it just not so happy with the apr they were trying to shaft me with for one

Last edited:
  BMW M135i
I quite like them tbh, although i've heard the VVTL-i system isn't the best. And as for the yaris 9.3s 0-60 woo, granted the torque is up there but its still more tepid than hot.

1.8 vvtl-i Tsport Compressor 213bhp 0-60 6.7 143mph

1.8 vvtl-i T sport 187bhp 0-60 8.1 140mph

Non compressor is miles of RS pace, infact its probably slower than my lupo.

MCS R56
My mate has a T-Sport and I have spanked him many a time in it. It's such a gutless engine. Same with the Celica. The Supercharged version is slightly quicker but not any quicker than a Cup to 100mph.

Butter used to have a non compressor VVTi and from the occasions I've been in it and compared it side to side with an RS it wasn't as quick. Don't be too complacent as it's got some pace when moving, although his was a well loosened up example.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
My mate has a T-Sport and I have spanked him many a time in it. It's such a gutless engine. Same with the Celica. The Supercharged version is slightly quicker but not any quicker than a Cup to 100mph.

Some engines are better than you'd expect from their specification.

That Toyota engine was the opposite. It was a disappointment. All the right engineering seems to be there, but somehow it just doesn't deliver. Put it in a car (well, anything but something as featherweight as an Elise) and its not fast.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
The Corolla is trying to have its cake and eat it.

You can't have high performance and handling while keeping the comfort. Well not for the the money you pay anyway.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
dealers are 100x better in my experiance than renault, my 172 came from a toyota dealer, granted i payed for the privillage of the service, but never had service like it! even arnold clark toyota are awesome!

never raced one in the 172 but my mate had one when i had the 1.2 and i used to reel him in easily thru the bends. due to brakes and coilovers and the 1.2 didnt handle much better than my 172 does!

Snotter's
ignore the stats the engines are great and 0-60 are 172 pace,they aint a hot hatch though and i would choose the clio anyday

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I liked this guys comment:

The 182 has only 7 less bhp, is 200kg lighter, has bigger displacement and better suspension. This discussion shouldn't even be taking place.

Nuff said really....