ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - 24K Service...

Black Gold 182...
Hi, I have just booked my 182 in for it's 24K service. Now i rang around to get a few quotes and some quoted me with the replacement of the pollen filter, some without. Does this need to be changed at 24K?

The garage i am taking my car to, says it will cost me £38 for the filter, is it easy to do myself or should i get them to do it if it's required? Bearing in mind my car is still under warrenty until April...

Thanks...

Less
Well considering that we are coming up to winter, there will hardly be any pollen around. So you could save yourself the £38 and get it done at a later date. IMO its not mega necessary.

Black Gold 182...
Well considering that we are coming up to winter, there will hardly be any pollen around. So you could save yourself the £38 and get it done at a later date. IMO its not mega necessary.

Yeah that's what i was thinking, i might just replace it myself after the warrenty has expired...

www.renparts.co.uk
they are very easy to replace yourself apparently. What were you quoted for the service itself out of interest?

a thirsty one
they do repace the pollen filter on the 24k but they are less than £10 to buy, personally dont bother get the service done without it and change it yourself at a later date there is a guide on this site to do it its very easy just a few screws.

clio 182 black /gold
Mine was steaming up when i put th CC on heat. They changed mine at 24K and problem solved.

Black Gold 182...
they are very easy to replace yourself apparently. What were you quoted for the service itself out of interest?

Yeah i'm going to do replace it myself next summer. I rang round a few dealers in my area (Wirral) and the lowest i got was £179, the highest being £240!

Datsun
Getting mine done at Falkland Performance for £100 +VAT 3 Year old car, no need for Renault stamps imo.

Falkland's techs are probably streets ahead of Renault anyway from what I've seen of their setup in Edinburgh.