ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Accident Advice & Repair Costs

RS Clio 182

Had an accident in my 182 last night and need opinions on whether to put it through my insurance or not. I was coming up to a junction with a guy in front of me who turned right at the junction. He moved off and I followed him as there was nothing coming. He then stopped suddenly in the main road which he admitted to and said he was waiting for someone who was following him.

Dont know if any of you have had experience of running into the back of anyone but Im guessing insurance will say its my fault as I hit him and I must have been too close to not be able to stop in time. Any opinions/experience?

I also need to find out how much a new front bumper and bonnet will be from Renault. I think there may be some damge to the support behind the bumper but there is no other obvious damage. Was thinking about getting my local coachworks to spray the parts and repair the metalwork damage and fit the stuff myself. My excess is £550 so I am tempted to pay for his damage and mine if its less than £700-£800. His car is not badly damaged and will need a lick of paint and a piece of trim.

Dirty E91

I think if you rear end someone (even if its not fault) it is your fault.

Dunno how this sits if the guys accepts the blame, you may be able to claim on his insurance?

Need to see a pic of the damage to say but if it really is only the painted part of the bumper and the bonnet you are looking at about £500 in parts if you buy new from a main dealer.

from what you say for the bonnet and bumper resprayed your looking well over 1k imo, and if theres more damage behind it will be even more

RS Clio 182

Has anyone got any pics of what is behind the front bumper and any guides as to how to remove it? The bonnet is sitting slightly high and not locating properly. Dont know if ill need a new bonnet as it only has a very very slight crease in the front which actually looks as if it is meant to be there! If it was an insurance job then Id get it fixed otherwise I would consider leaving it as long as the bonnet locates okay.

speak to J3ned for parts as im sure he will be able to help you out cheaper then Renault.

You hit him bud so im 99% sure it will come off of your insurance. Is he going to claim off of your insurance or is he waiting for you to contact him.

RS Clio 182

It was a guy in work so he is being pretty decent about it all. I have suggeted we both get quotes and go from there. Who is J3ned and is it new or used parts? Will post some pics up later. Im worried that ther is more damage that I cant see and really need to know what holds the bumper on. The damge is pretty much square on at the front and there is a bend in the bumper just above the registration plate above the gap. The bumper isnt cracked which means that whatever is holding it around this part has deformed/been pushed back.

i think you will find the bumper flexes and there wont be any damage behind it, unless you got any leeks ?, are all the panels fitting correctly and does the bonnet shut ok ?

RS Clio 182

All panels are okay apart from the bumper and the bonnet has a horizontal crease about an inch up from the front right in the middle. Dont know if is really just the paint that has creased as it is visable but very minimal. The bonnet shuts and opens okay but is sitting about 1/4" inch too high as it is obvious compared to the side wing panels. Does anyone know where I can get a removal guide for the front bumper? I remember seeing actual Renualt guides on here before?

HI, you could go to your local scrap yard to get the parts and take them to a local bodyshop to paint and fit them for you. the sorrounding panels will also need to be flicked for a coulor match tho. if you source the parts, shouldnt be more than a few hundred for the respray.

RS Clio 182

Give it half an hour Smokey. If it doesnt work after this then ill have to try some other method. Cant access the uploader on cliosport through my work internet for some reason.

i reckon a dentman will pull your bonnet straight, and remove any crease, looking at the bumper there wont be any damage behind it

RS Clio 182

182_blue do you reckon I will need a new bumper then and all will be okay behind? Have you see behind the bumper from experience or something? You can see from the photos that the bumper has been pushed in as far as the headlight.

there isnt anything that important behind that area, i know as i had my hand behind my old one, i couldnt really see the damage on the bumper, except the split, so you may need a new bumper, but i think the bonnet may be able to be pulled back straight, if you can avoid getting bits painted then it will look better, as new paint will never match the old, not just colour but texture too

RS Clio 182

I will try and get better pics later on tonight. Its hard to show the damage but is visable when you know what to look at. The whole part of the bumper above the horizontal slots on the bumper is bowed at the right of the renault badge. You can also see the difference in the bumper position looking at the left and right headlights.