ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 aftermarket exhausts

Ive recently bought a 182 and the exhaust has seen better days, i understand that the standard item is of poor quality and im considering a different system, it must be long lasting and QUIET, i dont make a lil extra noise but not constant droning

I realise this isnt an original thread but id be greatful for advice

cheers

monaco 172
yozzasport isn't for you then, Janspeed fella, the rest are below par

really fred? didnt realise those yozzas were that loud lol. my janspeed supersport with decat is stupidly loud lol.

can the coppers do anything if i get pulled and they see the decat pipe?

but on topic, if you dont want daft loud then get a janspeed but get the sports version, it has a center section to keep noise down, and dont decat it as that is when mine got very loud.

Lionel Richie
they're not that loud, people just think they are!!! just the OP wants quiet, and the only quiet system i've ever heard was the janspeed

S4 Avant
You will struggle to find an off-the-shelf exhaust for the 182 that is as quiet as standard.

...and as Renault want £1500+ for a new exhaust, you'll struggle to find any 182s with standard systems in good nick.

E46 M3
Ive got the Janspeed sport (the one with the centre silencer), it's really quiet, the noise tester at bedford said he'd heard louder sewing machines :eek:

So a janspeed sounds like the one, but a sport as it is even quieter, do they have a good life expectancy?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
There is a quieter janspeed on k-tec website than the one shown

monaco 172
On the drop down menu choose sport, it's a tad more expensive because it comes with a centre silencer. However yes it will be pretty quiet but I've heard one once decat and it sounded lovely.

Clio 182
I've just bought a Clio 182 and the lad who owned if before had a scorpion stainless exhaust stuck on it (no de-cat) - its bloody loud - nearly as lairy as the Arrow on my Daytona so if you want quiet I wouldn't recommend that mate.