ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Air Con wont turn off?

107 Track Car & C4
A mate at my work has just got himself a 182 Cup and the air con won't turn off. Even when you press the off button (even though it says it's off) or even try and turn it down it doesn't do anything.

Any ideas?

Arctic Blue 182
Its the resistor pack causing this problem. You have a few ways of fixing this either send your one to get repaired or repair it yourself.

107 Track Car & C4
That won't fix it though will it? I'm after how it can be fixed or is it a case of taking it to a reputable garage.

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
That won't fix it though will it? I'm after how it can be fixed or is it a case of taking it to a reputable garage.

No wont fix it.... but just to turn it off for the time being.

U sure its on permanent?? Can you hear the compressor kicking in & out???

107 Track Car & C4
I will have to ask him about the compressor. But yeah it's on constantly, even when the 'Off' button has the light next to it on. Even the buttons to turn it up/down don't effect it.

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
I will have to ask him about the compressor. But yeah it's on constantly, even when the 'Off' button has the light next to it on. Even the buttons to turn it up/down don't effect it.

I doubt the system is actually on even though the light is on. So is it blowing freezing cold air??

107 Track Car & C4
As far as I know yes, have to ask him tomorrow at work. It could be that it's just the fan is going full, not the air con. I shall report back tomorrow. :)

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
As far as I know yes, have to ask him tomorrow at work. It could be that it's just the fan is going full, not the air con. I shall report back tomorrow. :)

Tell him to listen for the compressor kicking in & out..... i doubt that it is. Does the heater fan work okay controlled via the buttons etc??

107 Track Car & C4
Don't know about the heating side of things, all I know is the fan '+ &-' buttons don't do much.