ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Alarm Problems Help!

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
My alarm has started to get worse it now goes off every time i enter the vehicle cant stop it, used to be able to put the key in the ignition and then press the zapper and it would stop. I can start the engine but the alarm continues, so getting it to the dealer is a problem plus i need it this monday to go down south ! Is there any way i could disarm it or reset it , anything to stop it really! Cheers

R35 GTR
faz2726 said:
Yeah i do , goin to try and disconnect the battery

that wont help, i dont think. Need to find the siren and disconnect it, or just leave it on and it will stop after a while. You probably know this though.

well i think i has pissed off the whole street!!!! tried the battery all the fuses and that made it worse, then i turn ignition on off on off on off eventually it beeped once was ok !
To lock it now i have pressed the lock inside then got out the passengers door and used the key ! Does that mean the alarm is not active?

Clown Car
Switching the ignition on/off twice with doors shut then getting out and immediately locking using the remote will disable the interior sensors and should beep 3 times, if the fault is with another part of the alarm then it will keep going off.

If you have locked the car manually from the button on the dash then got out the passenger door and locked the car using the key then the alarm will not have been armed, the led by the gear stick should not be flashing.

I had a problem with my alarm not working when i picked my car up and found the alarm had been disconnected under the dash because there was an intermmitent problem with the alarm going off, if you look under the dash in the passenger footwell you should see a wiring harness covered in insulation tape, there maybe 1 or 2 single red/white wires with connecting plugs poking out of this harness to identify it, this harness will be plugged into a 6 pin black multiplug with blue sides and is clipped up to a bracket, just disconnect that multiplug and that will disable the alarm.

cheers for your help guys, ill get it to the dealer soon , at least i can still use the car now