ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 (and 172) Windscreen colour

Hi all.

Ive just had my windscreen replaced by Autoglass. The glass theyve replaced it with looks like its a brown tint. They are adamant that the screen is the correct one and have said the Clio doesnt have green glass. However, Im sure the 182 (and possibly the 172?) has green glass - the rest of the windows certainly look like theyre tinted green to me...

Can anyone confirm that Autoglass are talking cr*p and the Clio 182 does have green tinted glass?

Cheers,

Balders

Bloody great big crack straight up the middle after a stone hit it - thrown up from the opposite side of a dual carriageway. Kept the stone as a momento cos it cost me £50... (It was wedged in the wiper arm!)

The glass looks brown even through the non-UVd window at the bottom of the screen (looking from the inside out). I cant remember what the old one was like but its now bugging me... The side and rear windows are def. green...

Balders

[Edited by Balders on 08 September 2004 at 12:13am]

im sure mine dont look green or bown or any of the colours you lot have said, i thought they just looked "dark" lol

ill have to check tomorrow :) <SCRIPT language=javascript>

[Edited by blaupunkt on 08 September 2004 at 12:20am]

dk

911 GTS Cab

your side and rear windows are green??????

Mine has a slightly purple tint but is clear through the little window at the bottom of the screen

I have had 2 replacement windscreen, the first was exactly the same as the renault one, made by securit i think and the second was very similar, definitely the same colour and is made by pilkington.

To get a similar screen i think these are the most common brands.

Full Fat 182 - Was..

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 08 September 2004

your side and rear windows are green??????

Mine has a slightly purple tint but is clear through the little window at the bottom of the screen

I have had 2 replacement windscreen, the first was exactly the same as the renault one, made by securit i think and the second was very similar, definitely the same colour and is made by pilkington.

To get a similar screen i think these are the most common brands.
is it pilkington K glass??? :devilish:

VaVa

Glad I read this one, never even gave it a thought. Ive found a mahoosive crack at the top of my windscreen. Best remember to specify the UV jobbie when I get it replaced!!

Ford Fiesta

couldnt renault do you the same screen as they fit? im not sure about the side windows but if you get chance with the sun out today look at your windscreen with the sun bouncing off it, like all renaults they should appear purple imo.

(scenics are even moe coloured than clios)