ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - Any point in CUP packs?

A silver one
What are you guys opinions on the above if I plan to swap the alloys, fit a carbon front splitter and GAZ coilovers? Is there any point paying extra for the CUP packs?

Am I right in thinking the only thing really missing will be a larger rear spoiler?

Cheers,
Matt.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
front spoiler too i think mate.Other than that no.But its only a £200 option so its up to you

ian

A silver one
ian 182 said:
front spoiler too i think mate.Other than that no.But its only a £200 option so its up to you

ian
What front spoiler would I be missing if I was fitting a carbon splitter?

Astra VXR 17/05/07
FredYozzasport said:
i drove a 182 non cup yesterday, it was so good on the road, nice and pointy!!

Bod`s who have only ever had a go in a cup pack think they are the mutts nuts because they have a cup pack, non 182 cup pack cars are damm good handling cars also :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
big_tymer said:
What are you guys opinions on the above if I plan to swap the alloys, fit a carbon front splitter and GAZ coilovers? Is there any point paying extra for the CUP packs?

Am I right in thinking the only thing really missing will be a larger rear spoiler?

Cheers,
Matt.

I think you've answered your own question there mate . You say you intend to fit aftermarket suspension , alloys and front splitter . The only thing you won't have is the cup rear spoiler , no big deal imo . So pointless buying an RS with cup packs if your going to remove them .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Funkyjahooner said:
Bod`s who have only ever had a go in a cup pack think they are the mutts nuts because they have a cup pack, non 182 cup pack cars are damm good handling cars also :)

I had a standard mk2 172 , i now have a 182 with both cup packs . The 182 is a miles better handling car , also the slightly wider michelins help hell of alot being a better tyre than the contis .

So i can safely safe i would go with cup suspension over standard .

Astra VXR 17/05/07
MRBILLYUK said:
I had a standard mk2 172 , i now have a 182 with both cup packs . The 182 is a miles better handling car , also the slightly wider michelins help hell of alot being a better tyre than the contis .

So i can safely safe i would go with cup suspension over standard .

Have you had a proper go of a non cup pack 182 ?

Nissan 350Z
I wouldnt bother arguing.

Its always gonna be the same on this forum. Williams are faster than everything, including an Enzo. Clio Cups will beat a Porsche 911 Turbo, yet anything without a cup pack will get beaten by a Micra.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
pbirkett said:
I wouldnt bother arguing.

Its always gonna be the same on this forum. Williams are faster than everything, including an Enzo. Clio Cups will beat a Porsche 911 Turbo, yet anything without a cup pack will get beaten by a Micra.

LMAO. So true.

Oh and diesels are useless because torque has nothing to do with acceleration..:rolleyes: It just helps with heavy cars..

And 1.2s are fast..

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Funkyjahooner said:
Have you had a proper go of a non cup pack 182 ?

Nope . I was just stating my experience of my old 172 compared to my 182 . I'm not doubting your word that the non cupped 182 is a good car .

Nissan 350Z
Going back to the original question though.

I've done a bit of reading on this, and perhaps you still are better off going for a cupped car. Why? Because it seems there is a lot of confusion / akwardness about getting after market suspension for non cupped car, something about the mounts being different to anything else IIRC.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yeah but in his original question he was saying if he plans to change the suspension , alloys and fit his own front splitter . So unless he's planning to sell them on i don't see the point , he might as well buy a non cupped 182 .

Astra VXR 17/05/07
Surely if you are going to buy a 182 and fit what you say, then it wouild make sense going for a cup pack 182 to save yourself the hassle ?

If you allready own non cup pack 182, then the only option you have is aftermarket isn`t it ?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Funkyjahooner said:
Surely if you are going to buy a 182 and fit what you say, then it wouild make sense going for a cup pack 182 to save yourself the hassle ?

If you allready own non cup pack 182, then the only option you have is aftermarket isn`t it ?

The point is aftermarket is better than the "Cup" option.

Nissan 350Z
MRBILLYUK said:
Yeah but in his original question he was saying if he plans to change the suspension , alloys and fit his own front splitter . So unless he's planning to sell them on i don't see the point , he might as well buy a non cupped 182 .

Thats what i'm trying to say though, although on the face of it the non cup may be cheaper (although maybe little to seperate them at second hand values?), there seems to be a lot of confusion / doubt as to what can or cannot be fitted to a non cup model whereas there seems to be no real trouble fitting after market stuff to a cup model.

Focus ST-2
big_tymer said:

Cheers,
Matt.

sure the cup packs gives the car a wider track as well.

soon: 172 Cup
If this thread had a rating, it would get 5* hehe!

Love the banter that goes on between different owners on the forum!

If your going to take stuff off that is on the cup pack, what is the point in getting it. That my friend is the simple answer!

Astra VXR 17/05/07
cliokhunt said:
The point is aftermarket is better than the "Cup" option.

But he is not just talking about the suspension. How can a carbon splitter and different alloys be better ? Surely thats a matter of opinion based on what you like the look of ???

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Saxo03 said:
If this thread had a rating, it would get 5* hehe!

Love the banter that goes on between different owners on the forum!

If your going to take stuff off that is on the cup pack, what is the point in getting it. That my friend is the simple answer!

^^^^ My point exactly . If your gonna dump the cup packs anyway i wouldn't bother specifically looking for a car that has the cup packs , if thats all he can find then all well and good , bearing in mind i think the majority of buyers chose the cup pack option .

If he's going to change the alloys he'll always find a buyer for them whether they be the standard silver or cup anthracite ones . The splitter will sell no problem also as they are like rockin' horse s**t . He'd probably be able to sell the suspension also , so there are 2 ways of looking at it .

Try and find a non cupped 182 ,that may be slightly cheaper than a cup packed one , or buy a cupped pack one and sell the bits to fund the aftermarket options .

Its not rockets science is it , lol ;)