ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182-better build quality than 172

i am wondering if the 182 is better built than the 172... are there any chenges concerning the quality of the materials and so on?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Seeing as how most of the car is still the same and its built in the same factory, by the same people, highly unlikely...

Hopefully some things will have been sorted out though, so fingers crossed not as bad!

Correct me if im wrong but isnt the 182 a 172 with a few bits stuck on? In the same sense as the cup is a 172 with a few bits taken off?

Come on guys do you really think reno designed/developed and built a brand new car from scratch that will have a lifespan of only a year?

Then again I will stand corrected!

Elise/VX220/R26

172 with a sports cat and tweaked suspension the rest is pretty much the same. Any major changes will be saved for the new model surely

when i drove one it is much better feel to it than my cup, hance i am ordering one

but at the end of the day they are only as good as the people that put the finishing touches on them, i.e friday cars

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 21 March 2004

Correct me if im wrong but isnt the 182 a 172 with a few bits stuck on? In the same sense as the cup is a 172 with a few bits taken off?

as far as i was aware other than the cosmetic difference the car has different suspension(firmer and slightly different geometry) the exhaust is different, manifold is different ecu has been tweeked and the gearbox has different ratios

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 21 March 2004

as far as i was aware other than the cosmetic difference the car has different suspension(firmer and slightly different geometry) the exhaust is different, manifold is different ecu has been tweeked and the gearbox has different ratios
But that has nothing to do with the build quality issues...

My point being that build quality of a 182 will be the same as a 172 coz its exactly the same car with a few bits stuck on!

Agreed, tested a 182 on Sunday and the interrior looks just like the normal 172 they have in used section.

Bar the few subtle tweaks they have made to the engines, suspensions, etc. I can only assume the build quality is as equal as the 172.

GW Clio 200

Everyone with an ounce of common sense can see that its a 172 with a few tweaks. It ofcoarse is the same build quality as the 172 as it is a 172 + 10