ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Blueflame fitted - FINALLY

tiTTy & SV650
Finally got mine fitted, has been sitting in my garage for 2 weeks as I was busy, the guy who fitted it said it was one of the easier aftermarket zorsts he'd fitted, he commented that the welds were pretty good for an off the shelf system too. Although it was blowing very slightly at one of the welds lol but he gummed that and it will carbon up from the inside too.

He positioned the tail trims pretty much perfectly IMO, they can be adjusted but I don't feel the need to. He commented that there aint much clearance between the cat back pipe and the heat shield, and to keep an eye on it there and if required bend the heatshield (or cable tie it) out of the way.

I started the car to a nice burble which it didnt have before and was something I always thought it needed. It's pretty quiet, a little louder than standard has a nice tone when you change down.

Other than that I will wait till its carboned up and bedded in a little before I make my mind up on if the car feels any different.

And now what you all opened the thread for, pics......

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

DSC00623.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

DSC00626.jpg

Last edited:
  Evo 8 RIP, Evo 2 tracktoy
looks fantastic. think that is one of the best positioned ive seen in a while.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Looks good rory .What are the clamps on the tail pipe in the 5th pic down ?

tiTTy & SV650
MRBILLYUK said:

the actual tail trim (3.5" hard slash) is adjustable i.e. back n forward to make it sit as far out or as far in as you like.

I was thinking of sourcing a couple of 3.5" slash rolled trims to bolt on instead but I think it looks just right :D

VW ....
MRBILLYUK said:

looks like the clamps are for the end tail pipe section :S ,would have thought that should've been welded also .... unless adjustable

looks v nice Rory ,will see it one day in the flesh

tiTTy & SV650
the tail trims are aesthetic, not part of the exhaust itself, the pic below should help clarify:

DSC00519.jpg

cheers Steve.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
rory182 said:
the actual tail trim (3.5" hard slash) is adjustable i.e. back n forward to make it sit as far out or as far in as you like.

I was thinking of sourcing a couple of 3.5" slash rolled trims to bolt on instead but I think it looks just right :D

Oh right .I wondered what they were for . I guess you could have welded them on or like you say change them for different tail pipes if you wanted .

Looks good anyway mate :)

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Looks great on the car dude. Really like it, how does it sound - you gonna make some little video's for us :D

Enjoy!

tiTTy & SV650
cheers, no point making vids till its bedded in. Sounds good on start up and on down changes. When sitting at a steady speed 30 / 40 /50 (so far) it doesnt seem much louder than standard. I'm not ready to comment till its bedded in lol its turned a few heads already though and it has never turned that many heads on the same day with the standard zorst.

tiTTy & SV650
DSC00629.jpg

one more, for people who like to lie down behind cars and see if the silencers are visible lol

M140i/Orange 182
looking good mate, would be interested to hear your comments on how its sounds, once bedded in.

decat?

tiTTy & SV650
cheers again, nah no decat couldnt be arsed swapping it for the MOT tbh. I aint got a flat driveway and my garage is full of junk so not really got anywhere to get under it.

tiTTy & SV650
trailerparktrev said:
So that's the modification that blueflame made - adjustable exhaust tips.

nah did it not always have that? They tweaked the design to get the height to sit more evenly or to be easier to fit. Nothing to do with the tips.

rory182 said:
nah did it not always have that? They tweaked the design to get the height to sit more evenly or to be easier to fit. Nothing to do with the tips.

Nope, mine arent adjustable - but then again I got mine last october (bloody hell it's been on my car for nearly a year now!)

And yes the system does get louder with age.

tiTTy & SV650
trailerparktrev said:
Nope, mine arent adjustable - but then again I got mine last october (bloody hell it's been on my car for nearly a year now!)

And yes the system does get louder with age.

I think they must have tweaked it a couple of times since then then. I hope it sounds better when its sealed itself with carbon, a bit raspy just now.

Volvo S60 T5
Looking good, some fit really well others dont.
I've had some really bad fitting ones but managed to get them in a decent enough position.

B

Brown.

get a decat and it will sound awesom,.,,,,,thers on on ebay which im selling...doit doit doit

tiTTy & SV650
no rattles at all, they used a different clamp at the cat though, said once they opened up the existing u-clamp there was no way they were gonna re-use it.

BMW 320d SE
Mike@Rentech said:
Looking good, some fit really well others dont.
I've had some really bad fitting ones but managed to get them in a decent enough position.
Like mine eh Mike? ;)