ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Brakes!!

Cupped 182 with Milltek
I have a problem with my nearside front brake,it appears that the inside pad (engine side) is not in full contact with the disc, I have been told that the sliders can seize on these calipers requiring replacement! My question is..if it is the inside pad that is not in full contact but the outside is in contact are the sliders OK, as judging by the look of the caliper in the images on here, it is the outside section that slides as the piston on the inside forces the caliper inboard!?

I have just bought a set of TAROX discs and Green stuff pads, any help with the caliper would be gratefully recieved. the soonest it can go into renault (for a warranty claim check is the 9th of October,so If I can get this done myself,great!( the car has only done 11500 miles and not had its first service yet! but already had 2 new rear shocks too!).

Pads will wear a slightly bit more on one side than the other anyway. Unusal to have the outside to wear more though.

Chnaging pads chekcing sliders etc is easy DIY job.

Cupped 182 with Milltek
its definitely not a case of one side more than the other the disc is seriously rusted on the inside face,very little contact with the pad.changing the pads I dont have a problem with,I have been led to believe that seized sliders are not repairable,that came from Fred at Yozzasport. I just wondered if the outside face is ok,are the sliders ok?

Clio 182 Full Fat-Cup
Has anyone had trouble with sticking rear pads on their Clio 182. Everytime it rains overnight, when you let the handbrake off in the morning, the pads stick to the discs. Once, after not using the car for 4 days, a piece of one of the pads broke off, attaching itself to the disc. The rear discs and pads were replaced under warranty (at 6,000 miles). I've just had to have the discs and pads de-glazed at 8,000 miles after a similar occurence.

Lionel Richie
Miura67 said:
Has anyone had trouble with sticking rear pads on their Clio 182. Everytime it rains overnight, when you let the handbrake off in the morning, the pads stick to the discs. Once, after not using the car for 4 days, a piece of one of the pads broke off, attaching itself to the disc. The rear discs and pads were replaced under warranty (at 6,000 miles). I've just had to have the discs and pads de-glazed at 8,000 miles after a similar occurence.

thats normal, its not actually a fault, all cars tend to do it