ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Brakes

Hi evryone,

Gratfeul if you could assist.

I picked up my 182 on Monday and must say Im very impressed. Only slight concern is that the brakes do not feel as tight as they did on the demo car that I tried (I think it had around 4000 miles on the clock). Am I right in thinking that the brakes do need to "bed in" before I can enjoy their full ability. Im not saying the brakes are rubbish, merely not up to my recollections from the test drive.

Any thoughts or views?

Lionel Richie

give em a few hundred miles, get slightly harsher with them as the miles increase

also get more aggressive with the right hand pedal too

try some 70mph down to 40mph be fairly firm, but dont jump on the brakes!!!! this get some heat into them

I thought that when I first got my 182. On 2000 miles now and they still havnt impoved a lot to be honest. They are no where near as sharp as I found the test car

Thanks - Ive done 280 miles now.

The symptoms can only be described as a small bit of play in the pedal before the brakes kick in, and then a little bit of sponginess (like you get when theres air in brake fluid). Ill run the car in properly, but if the situation doesnt improve, I may get it looked at by a dealer.

I take your point about getting heat into them, after a few firm presses, they do seem to sharpen up slightly.

Guess all I can do right now is wait and see.

CLIO 197 Ultra red

they have to be really warm to work propper... the first few presses of the peddle are pretty useless if slowing down is your plan!..

abs is quality on it though.. even in crap conditions its superb

as said above its all about heat.

first time i drove in rain and had to brake i thought there was something wrong as there was such a big difference to normal.

when summer returns you will be suitably impressed

Thanks Ice Blue,

You raise an interesting point. I took it out last night and was a bit vigorous with the brakes, it was a very cold night (-2) but after a short while there was an excellent level of bite and no fade whatsoever.

Also, I tried the demo car in high-summer, so I take your point about climatic effects on the brakes and the need to properly warm them up.

Thanks for all your advice.

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Hus_Kose on 19 November 2004
Flamin Monkey, Certainly is - who are you?

Hello fella, its Rob from Darwen, aint seen you in a while since Tulketh, you may remeber me from such films as, Terminator 3:Rise of the Machines and Donnie Darko

Russ told me you were thinkin of a 182 :D you liking it?

You should come over to some of the North West meets, in fact check the meetings section out, were having a Track Day @ Oulton Park in December you should bring the 182 along.

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=7&TopicID=121532&PagePosition=1Track Day @ Oulton

Or if you cant make it the next http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=7&TopicID=121272&PagePosition=1North West Meet

Dont think you can post in the Meetings section until your a memeber, if your interested PM me and Ill stick your name down.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob,

Good to hear from you - been a long time. I also caught your perfromance in Lockeroom Towel Fight: The Blinding of Larry Driscol; excellent work.

Yeah, took the plunge and got a 182 - picked it up on Monday so justed trying to clock up the running in miles (350 to go!). Its a mild upgrade in performance from the bug! Still got the bug, gonna use it on weekends and around town.

Cant make the track day unfortunately, but the meet sounds spot on. Im over at Starks on Sat nite, so Ill get your e-mail address from him and we can get summink sorted.

What you driving now?

Polo GTi

Think my best performance really was Sex Starved f**k Sluts #22 - Stinky White Women :D

Yeah shame you cant do the trackday, but defo come to the meet, everyones a friendly bunch.

Glad to hear you still got the Bug, was driving Stus for a few months last summer when my old car was off the road. Good cars, really enjoyed it.

Im driving a Williams 3 now, good car I like it :D, Starkeys got my emu address so drop us a line, and we can convoy over to the meet or something.

i find the brakes great on ours, picked it up with 62 miles on the clock, coming up to 400 now, brakes are fine, far better than my daily drive, an l reg 1.1 fiesta, but not as good as my evo with 362 mm ap 6 pots, but really good for a standard car

mark