ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 broken cat converter

As a few of you may already know i got another chance to get my 182 on track at rallydrive in scunthorpe last saturday,yes the day went as planned and managed to show a few of the cars what was what (knocked 4 secs off focus RS time)
Anyway as the day progressed i started to notice a quiet whistle when i accelerated hard,didnt think much of it at the time.the day was soon coming to an end and i went out for my last (really hard) thrash,when i then stopped,to my horror my car sounded like a beat up old nova,i jacked it up and found that the exhaust was blowing,i went home anyway and took it to my dealer 2 days later,the mechanic looked at it and told me my bracket had come loose and that he would wait for it to cool down then replace it,fair enough,so i waited about 20 mins and the guy came back,"its worse than i thought mate,your cat convertor has broken,we will order the part and it'll be ready in two days,it is under warranty aswell" so i left it there and got a lift home (NO COURTESY CARS),i went back two days later and to my amazment it was actually ready,well done renault (on this occasion).

Tony

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
coolio - two days isn't too bad. i had to wait two weeks for a wiring loom for my 182. fancy an automatic zafira for two weeks?