ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 BTB Exhaust systems, gauging interest

clio 200 F4Rt
Hello,

Shed Motorsport, in association with BTB exhausts are looking into the possibility of producing a track day exhaust system for the renault sport clio 182.

We need to know what interest there is in this system, if it is sufficaint, we will be taking deposits for systems, and when reaching the required number will have them made up.

These systems cost a bit more than your off the shelf magnex's etc, but those who know BTB exhausts, will have no worries paying that little bit extra, for what i can describe aas one of the best exhausts money can buy.

There are two main options with the system, Cat back or Manifold back, which includes a high flow sports cat.

Prices are as follows:

Cat Back: 698.97
Man Back: 1218.76

above prices are if we can get up to 9 systems ordered.

If we can get 10 or more systems the price would be as follows:

CAt Back: 588.61
Man Back: 1026.34

These prices include VAT, but postage would be extra.

This system would be exclusivly available through Shed Motorsport.

172 systems are a possibility, again if the damand is there. Prices would be almost identical to above.

For more info on BTB take a look at thier website: http://www.racecar.co.uk/btb/

Please post below if you would be interested, and in what system.

many thanks.

shedmotorsport.jpg

Attachments

• SHEDmotorsport.jpg
    SHEDmotorsport.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 62
  clio 200 F4Rt
quality costs, and if you dont wanna pay that price, the cat back system is available.

clio 200 F4Rt
its a track day exhaust system, decat can increase noise to an unsuitable level.

if you really wanted to decat your car (and have hassles of changing it over a MOT time) then you could fit say a k-tec decat pipe.

if there is enough demand for the system, as a decat, then i am sure i could have some made up, or do a group buy deal with k-tec or someone.

clio 200 F4Rt
Sed motorsport, a new company, early stages of setting up, hoping to do some exclusive lines for french hot hatches.

Lionel Richie
ours is below 98db fully decatted (and people know how loud our stuff is! ;))

MOT - 20min job to swap over

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Fred2001Dynamic said:
ours is below 98db fully decatted (and people know how loud our stuff is! ;))

MOT - 20min job to swap over

20mins pah....Just get friendly with the MOT station, mine passed today with 2 failures...

Lights & emitions

AJRMOTORSPORT said:
20mins pah....Just get friendly with the MOT station, mine passed today with 2 failures...

Lights & emitions

i bodged my old cars exhaust up with a hot dog can and two exhaust clamps
tyres scrubbed all over the place as it was soo low
no cat
etc..
still passed ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
GuyS said:
i bodged my old cars exhaust up with a hot dog can and two exhaust clamps
tyres scrubbed all over the place as it was soo low
no cat
etc..
still passed ;)

Want a pat???

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
catback at £698.97? i dont think you will get much business on here, whats the point of a track oriented catback system? ppl on here have catback mainly because they want a bit of extra noise and dont want to have hassle mot time or with insurance, i certainly wouldnt pay nearly £700 for 'a bit of extra noise' lol. as for getting what you pay for: prospeed, hayward & scott, yozzasport all have realistic prices for excellent quality. my full system was £300...itl do me on track too.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
"looking into the possibility of producing a track day exhaust"

I doubt there is one yet.

miketheman2k said:
What's the design? How does it differ from whats already on the market?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
trouble is the sound level for track use needs to be tighter in some places than for road...

Donnington has a 98 db drive by limit...

its actually not that easy to get under that with a sports system

clio 200 F4Rt
just an update, my car will be going to BTB, middle of march, for 10 days, for them to develop a system.

once happy with spec, they will put them into production. i will then have the goods to show to people, and the power increases etc.

maybe there will be more interest then.

cheers.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Andy GDI said:
trouble is the sound level for track use needs to be tighter in some places than for road...

Donnington has a 98 db drive by limit...

its actually not that easy to get under that with a sports system

Just back off across the line...We used to do this! lol! Saves re-packing the exhaust and silconing the fins etc...

clio 200 F4Rt
depends on the track, goodwood has 3 sound testing stations, and they are all very sensitive due to the local council.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
I think donny has two... one of the start finish line and one at the marshalls post on the uphill section at the back..

cant remember the name of it.

btb did the exhausts for the mac f1 didnt they ?

a lad on the fiesta st st has just had a full manifold back system designed by them too

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Its very expensive but depending on quality i suppose there may be a few who would fork out that kind of money ,but not me...

ian

in comparison though.. some people on here pay nearly 300 quid on an INDUCTION kit which will basically do naff all..

clio 200 F4Rt
a bit more info for those interested....

For those of you out there who are evo readers, and more importantly those of you who followed the project Capri story, John Barker enlisted the services of BTB to manufacture the manifolds and systems for a his V8 Capri. I can’t remember which issue the exhaust was featured in as it was a good couple of years ago and I don’t have my Evo back catalogue to hand right now. If any of you have the relevant issue to hand you’ll be able to see just how much time and effort goes into the development and manufacture of BTB exhaust systems. For those of you who didn’t follow the story, the system came in at over £5K, sounds a lot, but when you see the quality of the system you can see where the money went (don’t forget there was effectively 2 systems on the Capri, one for each bank of cylinders). BTB also played a large role in the development and manufacture of the Radical SR3 Turbo that held the production car record for the Nurburgring for a short period and they also supply the regulation silencer for the BTCC. All the lengths and box sizes will be tuned and optimised for maximum gains across the rev range. This reflects the 10 day turnaround for my car, not half a day down your local Powerslow dealer, or the 5 or so days it takes a mass market company to develop a new system. A lot of people are unaware of how much of a black art exhaust system design is.

A few details about the cats:

BTB Procat
100 cells per square inch for maximum flow with minimum back pressure.
FIA homologated for use in international motorsport competition.
Vacuum brazed stainless steel metallic substrate for long life in harsh environments.
Parabolic megaphone inlet cone design gives even flow distribution across the substrate whilst minimizing packaging length.
Reversion pulse outlet cone activates catalytic material for full length of substrate.
Precision laser cut stainless steel mounting flanges for easy fit and removal.
Integral lambda boss for external monitoring of catalytic performance or use with OE management system.
Replaceable high pressure gasket system for leak free installation.
Available as part of a replacement performance downpipe for popular vehicle applications.
Tough stainless steel heat shield to protect surrounding components from heat.

FIA homologated for use in international motorsport. 100cpsi free flow catalytic converter. Compact design for easy fit into existing systems. Designed to comply with motorsport and road regulations. Provides adequate flow for up to 300 bhp.

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
M.C.. said:
does look very good quality but it is still expensive for a road car.

Depends if you want road car performance? or something a bit more? Without going overboard on the noise levels. As has already been stated a lot of time will be spent by BTB designing the system to ensure the greatest gains possible. Very few exhaust companies spend the sort of time developing a system as BTB do, hence the extra cost, i can pretty much guarantee that whatever BTB produce will be the best there is, not only in performance terms but also quality of build and fit.

As for the sound, we'll have to wait and see but proper exhausts tend to sound awesome.

Before Mats (FMP) car goes in to BTB it will be rolling roaded to record a power figure at wheels and once fitted it will be run on the same rolling road to record the gains achieved.

By the way i'm Mat's business partner, the other half of Shed Motorsport.

Thanks for your interest

Joe

A Fast One!
to be fair in defence against of all the guys that are giving a pounding to this idea i can admit that the quality does look very good on the one that is on the Fiesta ST.... i myself had an exhaust system on my old type r that was from race origins made by a company called Fujitsubo and that was £675 for a catback system from new. it was by far one of the best exhausts that you could get for the car so i would say that this one doesnt sound too expensive for the more hardcore enthusiast that wants that little bit more out of their car as well as wanting something different to the norm such as a magnex etc....

if its going to be as good as these 2 guys speculate it will be well worth the money!

at the end of the day though its whether you can afford to produce it for the volume of sales that you will expect, if its not profitable there is no point.

i didnt pay full price for my fujitsubo but after having it on the car and being very please with the power gains i would certainly fork out the full price for that exhaust.........

i have a 172 Cup though so this venture isnt going to be suitable for me

Alex

As an idea, would it be worth trying to arrange some time on some rollers with one car and x number of exhausts?

Could do standard, magnex, decat, this one, Yozzasport's one, etc etc. If you did 3 or 5 runs per exhaust you could average the results pretty well I imagine.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Joe@ShedMotorsport said:
Depends if you want road car performance? or something a bit more? Without going overboard on the noise levels. As has already been stated a lot of time will be spent by BTB designing the system to ensure the greatest gains possible. Very few exhaust companies spend the sort of time developing a system as BTB do, hence the extra cost, i can pretty much guarantee that whatever BTB produce will be the best there is, not only in performance terms but also quality of build and fit.

As for the sound, we'll have to wait and see but proper exhausts tend to sound awesome.

Joe

i do agree with what you have said Joe but an exhaust especially cat back is only going to give limited gains the real gains are had from the manifold, and is the average road driver going to notice a couple of more bhp i very much doubt it.