ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cambelt change and water pump

Clio 182 cup'd
Could anyone say how essential it is to have the water pump changed along with the cambelt? I've just been quoted £360 +vat for both belts and waterpump which seems quite reasonable anyway.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Cheap if it includes the aux belt... where you having it done?

re waterpump... depends on mileage and whether it needs doing...

Clio 182 cup'd
Its at Four Ashes Renault near Wolverhampton. Its the cambelt and aux belt. It was £460 +vat including an oil change. The car is on 60K

ITB'd MK1
not necessary. Only seen 1 damaged pump on an F4R from i'd guess around 150 cambelt changes. It's essential on 1.4 16v, and 1.6 16v, advisable on 1.2 16v but not essential, and not needed unless there's and issue on 2.0 16v

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sounds really cheap and i'm sure as Fred said urge you to make sure it includes everything.

Not a job for Bob your local mechanic by any means.

Lionel Richie
Four ashes are good, but i've had 2 cars from them that have had "just an aux belt" low and behold they've come to me with noisy aux idlers a few thousand miles after having the cambelt done because the aux KIT wasn't fitted

Clio 182 cup'd
I'm not sure to be honest. Seems odd that they are so keen to change the waterpump, but not the full aux kit!