ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cambelt kit and Auxiliary belt in Nottingham

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
First post and hoping for a little help, I've been to look at a 182, that i think i'm going to buy, however it timing belt is well over due a change, so before i can drive it daily i need to get this sorted. Can anyone recommend a good garage in nottingahm that can carry out the work at a decent price.

I know there is 519 in bedford, which quote £450 on the website (will be phoning to discuss what is included in that price as it seems lower than i've read people are normally quoted) and BTM in Birmingham (which is a lot closer, but £600 from what i've seen on the forum, again need to phone today to discuss). But would prefer somewhere a bit more local to me if possible.

Thanks

ITB BG 182
Another vote for Mick at Diamond Motors, I would not bother with thinking about going any where else.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Thanks guys, I'll give him a call later today.

Is £600 about what I should be expecting to pay?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Mick at Diamond motors is your man definitely, extremely nice guy, very good with belts on these cars and literally on your doorstep, if for any reason he cant fit you in then Fred@BTM is a great option too, all be it a lot further for you to travel.

182 is dearer than the cups, but I expect still wont be as much as 600 unless it needs a dephasor too. (Mick will be able to advise you on that) But obviously only Mick can quote you his prices.

Also when comparing prices check if they are using genuine belts or not, IMHO its worth paying a little extra for the piece of mind that genuine parts give you.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
PS, just checked on his trader bit on here and here is Mick's price list:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...haser-Pulley-Price-Guide-(***NEW-FOR-2012***)

Here is the key bit for you:

Clio II, RS172/182 Timing belt change (FF and A/C Equiped vehicles only):
Retail customer: £450.00
Club members: £380.00 (Saving £70.00)
Clio II, RS172/182 Timing belt change with dephaser pulley (FF and A/C Equiped vehicles only):
Retail customer: £650.00
Club members: £560.00 (Saving £90.00)

SO it would be WELL worth you paying to join the forum properly as that is a saving that will cover your membership fees for the next half a dozen years!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just looked up the other prices for you as I think you cant see them as a non member.

519 are the dearest of the 3 and quote 450 and another 176 quid for dephasor, and say they use "either genuine or a very high quality equivalent" which I must admit would fill me personally with a little less confidence than Mick at Diamond's guarantee of all genuine renault parts but maybe thats just me being overly fussy.

And BTM come in at 425 and quote 175 extra for the dephasor as well.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Thanks for that, I would have joined up at some point anyway, but with that kind of saving i'll be joining up shortly.

If the dephaser goes does that mean a new timing belt is also required? as i might as well just get them both done if thats the case.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thanks for that, I would have joined up at some point anyway, but with that kind of saving i'll be joining up shortly.

If the dephaser goes does that mean a new timing belt is also required? as i might as well just get them both done if thats the case.

Yes if the dephaser lets go at a later date you will need to have your belt removed to replace it, and hence you will be paying the labour all over again (most of the cost is labour) and realistically the parts cost too as I doubt any of those guys would risk re-using a belt.

Mini JCW
Get yourself over to Diamond Motors!

My R26 will go nowhere else for servicing / repairs - Mick's a top bloke!