ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cat mod / olive joint removal.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've searched high and low on here and on Google using different phrases but i can't seem to find any decent pics.
Anybody got any good pics where the olive joint is removed and a straight pipe is welded in its place and clamped to the centre pipe?
I just want a few to show the welding place exactly what i want doing.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
IMG_1855_zpsbfa28367.jpg
IMG_1848_zpsef9ef3f2.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You can literally google image search the title of this thread :LOL:
I should have said , I have seen some, but some look better than others. I've seen some flanged ones as well but that's not what i want.
I saw one a few months ago that looked the best I've seen but I can't find that one again.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
There isn’t a lot to show surely, it’s just a piece of pipe welded onto the cat? Mark fish did mine when doing this was a more popular thing, now I would personally just get the pure kit and get a local exhaust place to weld it on.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've had this done to mine a few weeks back and it's not made any difference to the exhaust sound or power, car feels exactly the same as it did before. I believe a remap should help?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
There isn’t a lot to show surely, it’s just a piece of pipe welded onto the cat? Mark fish did mine when doing this was a more popular thing, now I would personally just get the pure kit and get a local exhaust place to weld it on.
I've been recommended a local place that does all kinds of welding. I just wanted a couple of pics for reference so they could see exactly what I want doing.
I've got a few pics now I can show them (y)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I've had this done to mine a few weeks back and it's not made any difference to the exhaust sound or power, car feels exactly the same as it did before. I believe a remap should help?
Why would it? You're just replacing a section that usually blows

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
That's all I want to do, eliminate the blowing.
Mine doesn't do it all the time and when it does it usually goes away after 5 or 10 mins. I guess the exhaust expands a little bit when it's hot just enough to make it seal.
I've fucked about with it on and off for nearly 15 years lol. There's nothing wrong with the exhaust noise or power, I just want it to fit correctly.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
That's all I want to do, eliminate the blowing.
Mine doesn't do it all the time and when it does it usually goes away after 5 or 10 mins. I guess the exhaust expands a little bit when it's hot just enough to make it seal.
I've fucked about with it on and off for nearly 15 years lol. There's nothing wrong with the exhaust noise or power, I just want it to fit correctly.
Dont be surprised if its blowing from the mani flange too.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Dont be surprised if its blowing from the mani flange too.
That parts fine. I knocked up my own fitting kit a few years ago using stainless parts and it's always been spot on :)

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
It still blows slightly this is my point, it honestly doesn't sound any different. I've had a new exhaust Hanger mount put on and a new OEM manifold gasket too and it still sounds the same.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Not a massive one, not like you're decatting it and even then it doesnt really make much of a difference!

Indeed, apart from about 10db and lots of rasp. Makes sense to remove that shitty olive joint though, every little helps performance wise as im sure you know the 182 cat is basically a 200 cell sports cat anyway!