ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 clunk/scrape on moving off

Renault Clio 182

i think this has been done but what was the verdict for that clank when moving off in 1st gear?got my new 182 and its doing this.

was it the engine mounts or sommet,seems to originate from behind the pedals somewhere ?

so is my new 182. A girl I met whose car is doing a similar thing is taking it in to Reno tomorrow - but hers sounds a different thing.

Looks like the clunk is caused by the ABS self test, but that hasnt been confirmed, its just what others on the forum say.

Ive not been too worried as it only happens once, after youve started the ignition - so the answer seems plausible.

Thats just the ABS Kicking in... it happens on all 182s... not anything to worry about....

I take it, it only happens when you start and pull away for the first time...?

Ziel Nurburgring

Do a search my man, this has been done to the death.

Most likely cause is the ABS self testing. If its the correct one im thinking about it wont happen again Until you stop the engine and restart it. Just about everyones does it and is just another minor niggle

Renault Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by Brooktop on 09 May 2005

so is my new 182. A girl I met whose car is doing a similar thing is taking it in to Reno tomorrow - but hers sounds a different thing.

Looks like the clunk is caused by the ABS self test, but that hasnt been confirmed, its just what others on the forum say.

Ive not been too worried as it only happens once, after youve started the ignition - so the answer seems plausible.
cheers mate hoped it would be something simple like that.;)

[Edited by Boroboy182 on 09 May 2005 at 5:04pm]

Suzuki SV1000S

It is because the 2.0 litre engines move so much, and the manifold rubs slightly on the heat shield at the bottom, You can solve it my getting new engine mounts, bnut eventually it will come back again.. Get a de-cat and while they are down there get em to bend the heat shield out the way a bit..