ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Coilovers for Students?

SchwepTek™
So i'm a poor student but really wanna lower the car and dont think that Sportlines make much difference.

Coilovers i guess are the best way to go but cant afford H&Rs at £750. Anyone recommend any others?

Think I heard that FKs are around the £450 mark?

tbh iv never heard cheap and coilovers in the same sentence lol

you certainly dont drive a students car lol
a real student drives a dynamique and lowers on springs;)

SchwepTek™
I'm in final year and only have 2 days a week at uni now, also live at home as uni is just up the road. Work 4 days a week to pay for car! :D

That told u...... ;)

SchwepTek™
I'm in final year and only have 2 days a week at uni now, also live at home as uni is just up the road. Work 4 days a week to pay for car! :D

That told u...... ;)

solution - save

But thats my problem. I cant save LOL!

So my last statement was a bit of an exaggeration. I can just about afford the car and i get a bit extra to spend but to save up £750 would take me ages which is why i wondered what the FKs were like.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I had FK's on my old Polo..Nice-ish ride and handled well. Which FK's have you been looking at?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
TBH I'm running on GAZ and aslong as the Roads are not ridiculously bumpy around where you live I think they are quite good, Never been in a Clio with anything different on it though so I cannot compare

Have a word!

Gaz are nothing short of abysmal, been there, done that. They came off very shortly after they went on. A set of £100 apex springs are a superior drive compared to Gaz coilovers.

53' 172 Cup
leave standard dampers. theyl be better than any of the coilies bar the most expensive. u get what you pay for. only other shocks id put on are Sachs (like the Trophy).

Mk4 .:R32
better off finding the extra 2-300 and getting a quality set tbh.

I'm hopefully getting some H&Rs next week. just need to find the right place to get them from and get them fitted n set up properly, which costs about another 250

SchwepTek™
Exactly lol, cant afford £1k so guess i'll have to stick with sportlines!

Thats what yours is on now isnt it?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
better off finding the extra 2-300 and getting a quality set tbh.

I'm hopefully getting some H&Rs next week. just need to find the right place to get them from and get them fitted n set up properly, which costs about another 250

Fit em yourself, that'll cut a bit of cash! Bout 150+ to set up for a quality job.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
pm me

i know someone you can get fk's off cheaper than anyone else

this has one restriction though, you quite wearing clown shoes and skinny jeans

^^all the above is honest

if your in your final year (like me), does that not mean you will be getting a job after uni ends next month? working 5 ot 6 days a week?

wait untill then and save up for H and R's

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
andy ust rent some at people and buy then a big mac ever day lol :)
wait and go all out. ill end up getting spring as its not worth spending £|700 on a 1.6 but with u its more than worth it. wait and go all out!!!

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Have a word!

Gaz are nothing short of abysmal, been there, done that. They came off very shortly after they went on. A set of £100 apex springs are a superior drive compared to Gaz coilovers.

I can't comment on the ones you had but mine seems fine

Have a word!

I can't comment on the ones you had but mine seems fine

The ones I had, the ones Cocopops had, the ones Gary G had, the ones.... I needn't go on! Do a search on here it won't take long for you to find people who've had them and subsequently wished they'd never laid eyes on the name Gaz.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I can't compare trhe GAZ to any others on a Clio but I really like a Firm Ride and to me I can throw it into the Corners with much more Faith than I had when on my Std Cup Pack Suspension.... I think alot of it is just Badge TBH

Same with Exhausts and Tyres on this Forum its alot of Badge

Mk2 1.2 Campus
I can't compare trhe GAZ to any others on a Clio but I really like a Firm Ride and to me I can throw it into the Corners with much more Faith than I had when on my Std Cup Pack Suspension.... I think alot of it is just Badge TBH

Same with Exhausts and Tyres on this Forum its alot of Badge

Totally agree