ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 colour..do others influence you

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I have seen quite a few times on here now people talking about choosing colours and there are comments saying things about Silver being to common on the roads,too many Arctic blues on this website,too many racing blues where you like etc

Just out of interest does that really influence you ?

My opinion is if i like a colour ill choose it because i like it,end of.No matter how common,popular etc it is.I can understand the Black is hard to keep clean one but that isnt influenced by others.

I think some people me included like to be a bit different, afterall it would be pretty boring if we all drove the same coloured car.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by Enid on 29 August 2004

I think some people me included like to be a bit different, afterall it would be pretty boring if we all drove the same coloured car.
Like a blue Williams :p

Used to have an iceberg silver 172 and i bought that because i loved the colour..my arctic blue 182 was purchased for the same reason.

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 29 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Enid on 29 August 2004

Like a blue Williams :p
Point taken lol

But its not like you get a lot of choice with a Williams;)

Mondeo STTDCI

I decided all on my own like. My thought process was:-

Black - last car was black, always looks dirty too easy

Racing Blue - WTF colour IS it anyway all these different pics. Couldnt take risk

Silver - Er...NO.

Arctic...Lovely

Yellow/Paddock Green - Petrol Blue: Too much £££s

So I got Arctic. Now seeing how many ppl got arctic i woulda shelled out the extra for petrol blue.

in all seriousness if anyone else *is* considering yellow ... you should know that it is a BA$TARD to keep clean!

I have owned a black car previously and thought that was difficult to keep clean but its nowhere near as bad as yellow!

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 29 August 2004

I have seen quite a few times on here now people talking about choosing colours and there are comments saying things about Silver being to common on the roads,too many Arctic blues on this website,too many racing blues where you like etc

Just out of interest does that really influence you ?

My opinion is if i like a colour ill choose it because i like it,end of.No matter how common,popular etc it is.I can understand the Black is hard to keep clean one but that isnt influenced by others.
You are probably refering to my post made earlier today about choosing the colour for my new 182.

I think it there are many factors that have to be taken into consideration by an individual when it comes to colour.

Black:

Coments I have read against: Nearly every Dynamique is Black, its hard to keep clean, Stone chips are a problem.

Comments I have read for: Looks Stunning (agreed) better suited to anthracite grey alloys, when clean they sparkle!!

Artic Blue:

Comments I have read against: Cup Wannabee, dont suit the anthracite alloys, The most popular colour choosen by 182 drivers.

Comment I have read for: Looks just like Cup Mondial Blue, conservative yet sporty, definately the best, the most popular colour must be the best!!

Silver:

Comments I have read against: Its a colour from the old Mk1 2000 172, its a dull shade, too many silver cars on the road.

Comments I have read for: Doesnt show up stone chips, stays clean longer, suits anthracite alloys.

Racing Blue:

Comments I have read against: Eww that is horrible, the stripes are a travesty to the 182, non metallic....why?, No....Just no

Comments I have read for: The only car to represent the real look of the new 182, the stripes make the car stand out, Racing Blue is stunning in the flesh and looks nothing like these picture I have taken.

Then there are the I.D colours

Mixed Comments: There is no way I would pay that much, extorionate, Yellow is the most stunning of all the colours, Petrol Blue,,anyone seen one??

I think there are lots of thing to consider when choosing a colour, its the one thing that defines your cars personality, apart from the class itself. If its Yellow: "The Extrovert ..... Black: " The Night Assasin"...... Artic Blue: "The Razor Racer".... Silver "The Serpant" ...Racing Blue "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Racing Blue With Stripes Gordini"

The colour is its personality..... I wanna stand out from the crowd hence the Racing Blue is going to be ordered tommorrow!!

[Edited by .:xTreme:. on 29 August 2004 at 11:01pm]

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 29 August 2004

I decided all on my own like. My thought process was:-

Black - last car was black, always looks dirty too easy

Racing Blue - WTF colour IS it anyway all these different pics. Couldnt take risk

Silver - Er...NO.

Arctic...Lovely

Yellow/Paddock Green - Petrol Blue: Too much £££s

So I got Arctic. Now seeing how many ppl got arctic i woulda shelled out the extra for petrol blue.
So others would influence you really ?

You think Arctic Blue is lovely but would of gone for Petrol blue and paid more if you knew how many had gone for Arctic.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Im just curious how other people choose what colour they order.Its not aimed at any thread or post or person inparticular just comments from lots of people over several or so months so i decided to ask.A friend of mine today in work said hed never buy a Silver car because it feels like every other car he sees now is Silver.My opinion on that is to go ahead if you like it and not bother about others.....some people see it different.....

I wanted something different.
I got a good deal on the car so the extra 1k was ok.

But as craig has said, the yellow is pretty grim in real life, especially looks bad under welsh sunlight. ;)

Personally I get the colour that I want and that is it. If I was to buy a 182 now then I wouldnt get one in any other colour other than the Liquid Yellow to be honest.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

If the yellow looks grim under Welsh sunlight then its not very often it looks grim then :p

Joke by the way,i lived there for 18 years !!

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 29 August 2004Personally I get the colour that I want and that is it. If I was to buy a 182 now then I wouldnt get one in any other colour other than the Liquid Yellow to be honest.

You live far too close. :)

Ford Fiesta

not many about anyway so i went for colour i like not bothered about what other people get

Quote:
The colour is its personality..... I wanna stand out from the crowd hence the Racing Blue is going to be ordered tommorrow!!

...which is the colour a lot of people seem to be going for (its nice), so I think youll be part of a fairly large crowd.

Indeed, you will never "stand out from the crowd" though due to the following:

Its a clio

The "oh so different" colour youve chosen is the one everyone sees in the magazines and has become familiar with.

Its the usual anonymous blue/ black/ silver/ grey* (* delete as appropriate). I know its a bit different but to most people "its a blue car".

If you want to "stand out" you need a "loud" colour. Yellow and you sound like a perfect match.

;)

Dealer- "we ONLY have this arctic blue in stock..."

Me- "erm, how long will it take to order in another colour..?"

Dealer- "AGES, could TAKE YEARS"

Me- "ILL TAKE THAT ONE YOUVE GOT THEN"

fin

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by Jason C on 30 August 2004
If you want to "stand out" you need a "loud" colour. Yellow and you sound like a perfect match.

;)

Firstly, although I may have come across as such I am not "loud" Im far from it :oops: and I dont have a spare £1000 to waste!!!

I would just like to add that by standing out from the crowd Im refering to Clios....

The colour that is used to promote the car is the Racing Blue with Gordini stripes, yet there are only a handful if people who are buying them.

[Edited by .:xTreme:. on 30 August 2004 at 12:52am]

Quote: Originally posted by Jason C on 30 August 2004

Quote:

...which is the colour a lot of people seem to be going for (its nice), so I think youll be part of a fairly large crowd.

Indeed, you will never "stand out from the crowd" though due to the following:

Its a clio

What about the Clio v6???

The "oh so different" colour youve chosen is the one everyone sees in the magazines and has become familiar with.

Its the usual anonymous blue/ black/ silver/ grey* (* delete as appropriate). I know its a bit different but to most people "its a blue car".

;)

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

Quote: Originally posted by cnic69 on 29 August 2004

Used to have an iceberg silver 172 and i bought that because i loved the colour..my arctic blue 182 was purchased for the same reason.
Ditto^^^

Silver Fabia vRS

I chose the Yellow becuase I like to be different. I had a Blue 172 and there arent many in that colour either. I personally think the Yeloow doesnt shoe up the dirt too badly, I havent washed it since Donny South and it looks fine.

I also got a good deal on the car so the extra money wasnt too bad!

....yellow is a bugger for flies / tar IMO. Only second to white.

As Im not a GJOB I can cope with Black but I would have gone for silver as it needs so little maintenance (but couldnt be bothered to wait).