ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 COMPETITION CLUTCH REQUIRED!!

RS-182 Mk2 RS-2000
Hi can anyone recommend a good (but not overpriced for the sake of it) paddle / competition clutch kit? This is to go on a rally car so 5,000rpm standing starts and then full on red line for most of its life so needs to be something reliable. Has anyone had any good experiences or bad with helix paddle clutches or any other? Can anyone recommend anywhere to buy one from? Any advice gratefully received. Many thanks, RJ

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Helix paddle ran these for years and never had an issue, fit and forget.

did you do the Prom?

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Never bothered with anything other than standard Valeo clutches on any of my cars (road and stage rally, sprint, hillclimb, autograss, rallycross etc in clios 205's, mg Maestro, astras) and never had any issues so unless you are running mega power, save your money.

RS-182 Mk2 RS-2000
Nice one I will probably go for a helix paddle. I didn't get to the prom this year. First year for 10 years I haven't either been in it or marshalled it. I'm doing the Cambrian on 18th Oct. Still a lot to do to get the car ready. Bought a gripper diff and 5.25 final drive and pms shifter and full set of PMS solid mounts as you suggested. Will get the box in next week. Got some custom suspension springs being made now to raise the car up 2 inches all round. Got some electrical jobs to do as well so got my work cut out over the next few weekends

The problem with hard launches is the cover plate takes a battering, I’ve had one fail and it does a fair bit of damage. Billet cover is the way to go if you can spend the money. I have got a brand new Helix setup on the shelf with paddle plate, billet cover and specific uprated release bearing its 71/4” so needs different flywheel but I have that too. Let me know if its any use

RS-182 Mk2 RS-2000
If it's a dedicated rally car and your budget allows for it then do it

Well said you are both dead right. The only time it will be on the road is on road sections between stages. I may take it into work to see if I can scrounge some sponsorship but that will be it. I had a lot of slip off the line with the standard one. And it is 100% worth it to have a strong clutch even if it does kill my ankle every now and then. just waiting for prices back for a helix paddle kit. Had a few prices back but I know I can get it cheaper.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Paddle couch on these isn't like an on off switch at all have one fitted in both car I have and fine for normal driving.

RS-182 Mk2 RS-2000
Just to conclude this thread for anyone reading up in the future... I bought a Helix Paddle clutch and cover from Andy at Turbo Clio

Trophy Turbo :)
We do seem to have had issues with the Tempary land land, we are fully operational on the new Workshop number now,

Thanks for your business