ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Confusion.

320d M Sport

ok.

so the powers up. and the weight is down (they took the spare out etc).

Without starting an arguement surely this makes it quicker than the 172 at the very least?

VaVa

You would think so mate, yeah. Official Renault stats seem to suggest otherwise though. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Im going to test drive one and see for myself......

No way will it be faster than a Cup though*......

*remember what the man said - NO arguments!!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Yes it will be faster than the 172, I would seriously complain if it wasnt cause the laws of physics dictate less weight + more power = faster acceleration.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 05 February 2004

Without starting an arguement

Good lad im sure nobodys stupid enough not to read the above.

:edit: whoops. oh well.

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 05 February 2004

Yes it will be faster than the 172, I would seriously complain if it wasnt cause the laws of physics dictate less weight + more power = faster acceleration.
Not unless more powers lost in the transmission somehow, it is a Renault afterall!!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 05 February 2004

ok.

so the powers up. and the weight is down (they took the spare out etc).

Without starting an arguement surely this makes it quicker than the 172 at the very least?
Yes, the 182 will be quicker than a mk2 172!

Power-to-weight ratio is obviously better with less weight and another 10bhp...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

What isnt?

The 182 is 1090kg on that document.

The 172 was 1110kg

E36 323i coupe

Thought the idea was to have a standard model (fitted with ABS - as that is now an EEC regulation) with all the luxuries that put out the same performance as the Cup... bu then again the Cup weighs less than 1T doesnt it...?

...and the Mk1 172 only weighs 1035kg doesnt it? (just thought Id get that one in there for all of us that love the Mk1 :D).

VaVa

Right thats it!! My poor 172 mk2 is going on a diet. Jeez. Your making it sound like its the fat kid that gets picked last in the playground. If a 172, a Cup and a 182 had a play, would the Mk2 172 be in goal?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

hehe, I like my mk2 172 the way it is..

If you want to loose 16kg + right away though, remove the spare...

E90

I like mine the way it is too.

Weight matters though went carting with a mate when I weighed 92 kilos, and couldnt catch him, lost 10 kilos, went again and thumped him :D