ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 crash

Yaris Hybrid
Well then they can go and make a "mistake" on their own with a big tree or other solid object and I hope it hurts.

But when I am heading towards them they can look once, twice and then a third time before pushing the pedal. I am not dying because some waste of space on a pointless journey on their pointless dull life was half asleep.

Vee dub
I see your points....

But you could easily make a mistake (granted not pulling out on someone) when driving and I think your view would change slightly....

But yes, dangerous/careless driving should be punished, but what constitutes that is another matter... I have had numerous people pull out in front of me etc but I wouldn't go so far as to "put them in jail?"

like said the airbags won't always go of,if you were sitting here right now saying you have bruised faces from hitting the dash,steering wheel i'd say get it investigated,the sensors on the car and the airbag computer will determine if severe enugh forces will be felt by the car occupants before deciding which ones should be deployed.
i can understand it probobly doesnt leave you with much confidence but airbags hurt when they go off,i had one go off from the passenger seat and left the passenger with a bruised arm.also had you been paying for the repaid would have saved you money

i've got the full story from the police. the sun was shining on the front of my car and she thought i was indicating to turn left (on to a slip road she was turning into) so she went. she's just passed her driving test! my indicator wasn't on. I'm now sat here in agony and my youngest daughter (8) went into shock last night. on the bright side she is insured. i'll get to find out tomorrow how bad my car is and go from there. i'll post some pics of the damage if i can get some,

^ thats a good one. "sun shining...etc etc". I'll have to remember that one just in case :rolleyes:

Maybe someone should have taught her to wait-if-unsure when she was learning to drive.

Hope you feel better soon.

Mini Cooper S sport
New drivers are a bloody liability - and 18-year-olds wonder why their insurance is so expensive! Even if she'd just passed her test, she should still have known that you NEVER trust people's indicators, and the fact that it wasn't on anyway proves why.

Sorry to hear of the crash, I hope you and your girls make a full recovery and get a nice big payout.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
I'd be careful. 2 years ago I was shunted from behind waiting at a junction when the car behind me thought I was going to go and there was traffic from stopping me thatthey couldn't see.

Other than being shaken, was ok that day but sufferd 2 weeks of back and neck pain that stopped me from doing anything starting the day after the accident happened.

Still suffer from pain now and then which is why i haven't settled my claim.

Hope you are OK but take it easy.

1.9 Diesel RT
Sorry to hear about that matey.
Woah! When I'd just passed, I was never that keen to get out of a junction with a car coming straight for me. Sunshine or not. Like blue said, didn't anyone tell her not to trust indicators?! Bloody hell mate, hope you get a big pay out for that!

Hope you and your girls feel better soon! Take it easy bud.

Last edited:
Toypop said:
Personally I think that people who turn right across someones path and cause an accident should face the stiffest of penalties and maybe a ban or Jail.

Its easy to say "oh well everyone makes mistakes or the odd slip of attention" but that isn't good enough when someone ends up dead or in a wheel chair. I takes one hell of a slip of attention to not see a car, if you can't see that then how on earth would you see a child?!?!

If people knew they would get banned or jail they bloody well would pay attention and make sure they didn't make a mistake. In fact everytime they approached a junction in their car they would be absolutely sh*tting themselves. And quite right too cos I am absolutely sh*tting myself everytime I am on my bike and see a car in front on the opposite side of the road waiting to turn right....

Driving is a serious business with the most serious and deadly of consequences. It is not something you should ever do on autopilot. Trouble is people don't see it like that. They think its just part of the daily routine. Anyway thats why I say make sure the cops prosecute for driving without due care. It will make that person pay attention and every one they tell about their prosecution will think a bit harder too.

I agree 100%with above. I had someone smash into me doing 50 mph on a straight road. The first thing he said when he got out was 'sorry wasnt looking where i was going'. you put everyone elses lives in danger when u get into a car especially with an attitude like that. people like that should be locked up for a long time, more so when there are children involved!!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Sorry to hear about this. Glad that you're okay, apart from the whiplash. How stupid of her to pull out. Hope all gets sorted.

Tyson.

Sorry to hear about the accident and hope you and your girls get better soon.

Toypop said:
Personally I think that people who turn right across someones path and cause an accident should face the stiffest of penalties and maybe a ban or Jail.

Its easy to say "oh well everyone makes mistakes or the odd slip of attention" but that isn't good enough when someone ends up dead or in a wheel chair. I takes one hell of a slip of attention to not see a car, if you can't see that then how on earth would you see a child?!?!

If people knew they would get banned or jail they bloody well would pay attention and make sure they didn't make a mistake. In fact everytime they approached a junction in their car they would be absolutely sh*tting themselves. And quite right too cos I am absolutely sh*tting myself everytime I am on my bike and see a car in front on the opposite side of the road waiting to turn right....

Driving is a serious business with the most serious and deadly of consequences. It is not something you should ever do on autopilot. Trouble is people don't see it like that. They think its just part of the daily routine. Anyway thats why I say make sure the cops prosecute for driving without due care. It will make that person pay attention and every one they tell about their prosecution will think a bit harder too.

Are you being serious??? Jail sentences for an accident??? I can understand jail sentences for dangerous driving but accidently pulling out on some 1 doesnt justify a jail sentence....

I could imagine the scenario in jail... What you in for? Meat head convict replies: Stabbed my wife. Conversation is then directed to 18year old kid. What you in for kid? I accidentally pulled out infront of some 1 in my car!

28million cars on the road, a couple of them pranging in to each other is inevitable! Accidents happen,its not always fair but its all part of life, $h1t happens get use to it.

182, GTR, C63
I had a accident in my Cup a few years ago the naughty side of 90 and my airbags didnt go off either. Didnt need them too really as rear of car took a lot of the impact before i spun into oncoming traffic and hit a taxi.

Now ive got a 182 i would hope if i hit something head on they would go off. Not that im planning on doing anything like that again lesson learnt.

Get a wiplash claim in if it wasnt your fault sod everyone else why refuse 5k??

Meg on pistonheads £6995
my airbags never went off (at I guess 15mph)

I did a rear shunt that smashed my bonnet, bumper, headlight and radiator - £1500 to repair, £1000 for the car I hit!

Clio 172 mk2
Toypop said:
Well then they can go and make a "mistake" on their own with a big tree or other solid object and I hope it hurts.

But when I am heading towards them they can look once, twice and then a third time before pushing the pedal. I am not dying because some waste of space on a pointless journey on their pointless dull life was half asleep.

Kinda harsh but agree to a certain extent

Penalties for neglegence whilst driving should be more severe.

I still see s**t loads of people using mobile phones and doing their make up whist driving and this sort of s**t causes big accidents.

Clio 172
182storm said:
i've got the full story from the police. the sun was shining on the front of my car and she thought i was indicating to turn left (on to a slip road she was turning into) so she went. she's just passed her driving test! my indicator wasn't on. I'm now sat here in agony and my youngest daughter (8) went into shock last night. on the bright side she is insured. i'll get to find out tomorrow how bad my car is and go from there. i'll post some pics of the damage if i can get some,

I had this happen to me aswell. Guy said sun was shining in his eyes so he pulled out of the junction. Surely the sensible thing to do would be to wait if she wasnt sure. Glad to hear you and your girls are ok and wishing you a speedy recovery. Having a crash happen especially when its not your fault is really head wrecking. Also glad to hear you will be claiming just wish it was out of the pocket of the careless driver as said above penalties arent severe enough.

got a call from the garage fixing my car, the drive shaft has snapped and there is some damage to my susspension, new wing, bumper, lights and wheel. so could have been worse. no pics tho' ohh yes, i got a letter from the womans insurance company. they are claiming against ME for the damage to her car. she's only got 3rd party + f/t insurance. i'm fully comp. i was thinking accidents happen.... but now i'm waiting for the trafic cop involved to get back from his hols as i'm doing her for driving without due care and attention.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I was just about to post that you at least at some good news that it would be an open and shut claim, and then I read that! Unbelieveable!

Hope you don't get screwed over like so many people seem to nowadays...

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The cheeky b******s . Hope you get it sorted out ok , claim for everything , throw the book at her due care and attention , whiplash .

Thats why i always carry a disposable camera in the glove box , just in case the worse ever happens at least i'll have pics to help with the claim .

Vectra :(
Use an image hosting site and upload it then just link to it in the post.

I always used to carry a camera, then camera phones were invented, they can be a god send for stuff like this