ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup HATERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonnytheboy

I have noticed there are alot of 'cup' haters out there, WHY do you hate the 'cup' so much????

i know what a 172 cup is but whats IS a 182 cup?

i mean whats different over the 182. as mine has both cup packs and all the toys which, when they work, i like!

never saw any 182 cups when i was buying tho so are thy rare? did some searches on here and never got a real answer.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They probably haven't made an opinion, merely jumped on the bandwagon.

I ended up going for a cup, as the 1*2 xenons are poor (uprated bulbs are actually brighter), the climate doesn't work well (and you still get AC), and the autowipers are terrible.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Didn't know there were many HATERS, I just think that the weight-saving benefits of a 182 Cup don't outweigh the parts you miss out on.

tiTTy & SV650
I dont hate them just wouldnt have one, prefer all or nothing I suppose.

i.e. all the toys, or lightweight no frills like the 172 cup.

172 cup
to be honest I think its the fact there not as much of a 'cup' spec as the 172 cups to be honest. Bit of a half hearted attempt in comparison

Astra SRI/ Hornet
it gets on my nerves when people say there pointless, i personally dont like leather in a sport hatch so makes perfect sence to me.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
to be honest I think its the fact there not as much of a 'cup' spec as the 172 cups to be honest. Bit of a half hearted attempt in comparison
Tell you whats half hearted. Dropping ABS but leaving in airbags:eek:.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
not to mention the steering wheels are dreadful
Nonsense! It's actually smaller than a standard 182 wheel, and doesn't melt. Might not look as pretty (we all know you hard-core lot mostly purchased for the pretty blue;)), but works better.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
172 cup was very different compared to the 172

182 cup was cheaper than a 182.

Thats my view. No hate.

172 cup
Nonsense! It's actually smaller than a standard 182 wheel, and doesn't melt. Might not look as pretty (we all know you hard-core lot mostly purchased for the pretty blue;)), but works better.

Its not just the look of it, its the feel of it when driving, like sand paper in comparison

172 cup
Just cos some people dont know what the fook to do when they lock up the wheels when breaking dosn't mean there a bad car . . .

Mini Cooper S sport
I don't 'hate' 182 Cups, I just much prefer the full-fat version. I don't like the Cup's interior, or the lack of xenons. I also think the non colour-coded washer blanks make the Cup look (even) cheap (er).

But I don't think anyone's a lesser citizen for driving one!

172 cup was very different compared to the 172

182 cup was cheaper than a 182.

Thats my view. No hate.

+1 to this.

Same goes for 197/197cup and 200/200cup.

For me when buying my 197, keyless go wasnt worth the extra £1000 over 197cup, so I opted for the cup.

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
I don't 'hate' 182 Cups, I just much prefer the full-fat version. I don't like the Cup's interior, or the lack of xenons. I also think the non colour-coded washer blanks make the Cup look (even) cheap (er).

But I don't think anyone's a lesser citizen for driving one!

Fair comments.

I've not read any stuff about not liking the Cups on this forum.

Maybe the OP hates his own Cup? :D

We all have different tastes and each to their own.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
As far as the 197's go, I wouldn't touch a cup, purely because of the reduced adjustment in the driving position.

Roffle at the steering wheel comments. The FF is bigger and falls apart quicker. They both melt, and they're both about 1000mm in diameter. I love the FF heroes. They seem to think they're driving around in a f**king supersonic Maybach.

J

jonnytheboy

oh i think i,ve started something here :D.
I like my cup coz leather in a clio is wrong, xenons are expensive s**te, climate control isnt that good.

Plus not forgetting the important stuff, stronger front hubs, up rated anti roll bars, stiffer suspension. :approve:

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
oh i think i,ve started something here :D.
I like my cup coz leather in a clio is wrong, xenons are expensive s**te, climate control isnt that good.

Plus not forgetting the important stuff, stronger front hubs, up rated anti roll bars, stiffer suspension. :approve:

But you get all that in a cup packed car. :rolleyes:

Golf GTD Mk7

thought the steering wheels were the same?

as said the cup was just a cheaper model to open the market more. weight saving of a pitful 20kg (which is the same as the trophy from memory). Just buy a full fat and remove the rear head rest :approve:

J

jonnytheboy

Yes but you have to pay for it. My cup was 2grand cheaper than a 182ff in the stealers,

Peddled device
Seats look gash in the Cups....so l fitted 182 FF seats.

Steering wheel is gash in the Cups....so l fitted a 182 FF wheel.

The steering wheel still looks gash :S

Golf GTD Mk7
182cup has a different wheel. No thumb grips, smaller diameter (slightly) and the rim is thinner.

Still got cruise buttons on though? Can't believe i've never noticed the difference. Strange really as the 172cup even had the thumb grips

Still got cruise buttons on though? Can't believe i've never noticed the difference. Strange really as the 172cup even had the thumb grips

Yeah it has cruise buttons because it has cruise. Both steering wheels are the worst I've ever seen in any perforamnce car, so how the f**k they form any part of an FF vs. Cup debate, is beyond me.

VaVa
As far as Cups go, there is only 1 tbh.

172 Cup FTW.

182 Cup for... well... I'm not sure tbh. It's just a cheaper version. Loses a few bits and becomes even better value.

172 cup
Im just pulling his leg. At the end of the day there both not as cup spec as they could be, just the 172 cup is about as far as you can go and still happily use it as an everyday car.

I dont hate the 182 cup, just think its a half hearted attempt in comparison.

Im out

Status
Not open for further replies.