ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup HATERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonnytheboy

It was either Recaros or go on holiday . . . i went with the holiday. . . . Worse mistake ever :(

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Trendlines are not to comfy anyhow, but they do hold there value which is always good.

Flol!

He did just show a shocking lack of knowledge!

"Shocking lack of knowledge" is not knowing about the light setup on a Trophy?

You sad b*****d!!! lol

Again, Trophy aside, IMO a Black Gold 182 with both Cup Packs is probably one of the most desirable Clio Sports. I just don't see the point in a 182 Cup, as there is no valid reason to buy one, nor really a 182 "FF" without Cup Packs. The Trophy doesn't appeal to everyone, colour mainly is a divider.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The dampers are special and scaremongering makes people think they are going to fall apart at 40k!

Lack of knowledge again and listening to other people instead of forming an opinion of your own.

And running costs of the ultimate clio! Flol it'll cost the exact same as a 172/182 to keep going it's not a V6 ffs!

The fact you didn't know it only came with standard lights shows your lack of knowledge about the trophy then everything you say after that is ignored.

A ANIMAL
"Shocking lack of knowledge" is not knowing about the light setup on a Trophy?

You sad b*****d!!! lol

Again, Trophy aside, IMO a Black Gold 182 with both Cup Packs is probably one of the most desirable Clio Sports. I just don't see the point in a 182 Cup, as there is no valid reason to buy one, nor really a 182 "FF" without Cup Packs. The Trophy doesn't appeal to everyone, colour mainly is a divider.

I'm not sure many people would agree with your statement on colour. I certainly have never heard anyone discount buyin one because its red

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah a side note it's one of Renaults best colours imo.

And colour is all about opinion, Red is one of my favourites on most cars.

Seeing as you've just shown yourself to be lacking in knowledge, shall we diregard all your comments?;)

I take it the Trophy is a like a Cup but with the better suspension and seats then?? Your comments make more sense now!!

So, Trophy INCLUDED, the most desirable Clio Sport of these age IS and FF with Cup Packs lol :p

J

jonnytheboy

Trophys look too high for me! You could get a family of Russians in the wheel arches :D

I'm not sure many people would agree with your statement on colour. I certainly have never heard anyone discount buyin one because its red

I like red cars but is it red or orange though? I think that's why I'm not that keen on it so much. It should have been black or exclusively Gordini blue or something.

A ANIMAL
I like red cars but is it red or orange though? I think that's why I'm not that keen on it so much. It should have been black or exclusively Gordini blue or something.

I think it would have looked mint in Glacier white. But the Trophy is very red mate, like postbox red!! are you thinking of Inferno??

The dampers are special and scaremongering makes people think they are going to fall apart at 40k!

Lack of knowledge again and listening to other people instead of forming an opinion of your own.

And running costs of the ultimate clio! Flol it'll cost the exact same as a 172/182 to keep going it's not a V6 ffs!

The fact you didn't know it only came with standard lights shows your lack of knowledge about the trophy then everything you say after that is ignored.

You must have noticed I said "from what I've read" in my post. I can't form an opinion of my own when I've never owned one... The running costs were because of the damper rebuild again, must have read that a few times on here.

I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight after not knowing the Trophy didn't come with XENONs...and now I've realised it's basically a Cup with better seats I don't think I will ever sleep again! lol

Last edited:
I think it would have looked mint in Glacier white. But the Trophy is very red mate, like postbox red!! are you thinking of Inferno??

Kind of, when I see an Inferno 182 I think "that's a Trophy" then realise it's a bit too orange and it's "just a 182". What I mean is it's not ferrari/audi red if you get me.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Dont think Trophys would have looked great in white i can see the reason why they might have choosen white but the MK2 Clio doesnt have the likes to pull of white.

I like the Red or maybe if they had done them im this colour

100_1170.jpg

But there once was a valid reason to buy one - they were dirt cheap when new and they had the important bits already included.

I agree, it's like any car with different levels of spec, and what you want to spend on a new car.

But I think my comments are definitely valid currently, as in the 2nd hand market where there isn't that much of a price disparity between 182 Cup and an FF with the cup packs; the latter is going to be the sought after car IMO.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So you have no basis to your arguement and have listened to other people who have probably listened to other people and never owned a trophy!

Slow clap for you.

Bazzon I would love a trophy photoshop in ultra blue!

Capsicum red is such a strong Red very bright and vibrant and with a half decent camera shows up well in pictures.

So you have no basis to your arguement and have listened to other people who have probably listened to other people and never owned a trophy!

Slow clap for you.

Do you have a problem clapping at a normal pace or something? :p

Out of curiousity I just googled Clio Trophy Dampers, and the first result is not about how good they are on the car but something along the lines pf

"Right as an owner of a Trophy for the last few months we have all seen the horror stories surrounding the front dampers & the costs from the stealers involved in replacing them."

As I said originally, I wrote "from what I have read" about the dampers potentially being a big bill may make the Trophy less of a desirable option for people. It wouldn't put me off one though (the colour might do more though), just in general people seem to get scared about running costs of cars (the cambelt service on 182, spending £30 a corner on tyres etc which is rife on this forum).

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Slow clap for you.

Bazzon I would love a trophy photoshop in ultra blue!

Capsicum red is such a strong Red very bright and vibrant and with a half decent camera shows up well in pictures.

A bit ghetto but

4419426149_b3afe41b60_o.jpg

I like it :D

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Would need a few more to make sure but it looks really good.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You must have noticed I said "from what I've read" in my post. I can't form an opinion of my own when I've never owned one... The running costs were because of the damper rebuild again, must have read that a few times on here.

I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight after not knowing the Trophy didn't come with XENONs...and now I've realised it's basically a Cup with better seats I don't think I will ever sleep again! lol
The dampers are not hugely expensive to rebuild, nor are they fragile.

Still cracks me up how anyone driving around in a f**king shoebox sees themself in a position to proclaim an almost identical car 'pointless'. It's always made me laugh but now I don't own a poverty spec shed anymore, and I can look down my nose and ROL.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Still cracks me up how anyone driving around in a f**king shoebox sees themself in a position to proclaim an almost identical car 'pointless'. It's always made me laugh but now I don't own a poverty spec shed anymore, and I can look down my nose and ROL.
They see you Rol'in......
TheySeeMeRollin.png

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Do you have a problem clapping at a normal pace or something? :p

Out of curiousity I just googled Clio Trophy Dampers, and the first result is not about how good they are on the car but something along the lines pf

"Right as an owner of a Trophy for the last few months we have all seen the horror stories surrounding the front dampers & the costs from the stealers involved in replacing them."

As I said originally, I wrote "from what I have read" about the dampers potentially being a big bill may make the Trophy less of a desirable option for people. It wouldn't put me off one though (the colour might do more though), just in general people seem to get scared about running costs of cars (the cambelt service on 182, spending £30 a corner on tyres etc which is rife on this forum).

Google anything about a car and you will find problems first.

People don't tend to write threads called "My dampers are holding up well"

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Google anything about a car and you will find problems first.

People don't tend to write threads called "My dampers are holding up well"

Thats very true.. just like when you go onto those holiday review websites. And the muppets who write bad reviews are the unemployed scum who expect to get a 5* hotel for them and their 8 kids for under £600 for 2 week all inclusive.

I might start a thread about "My Clio steering wheel hasn't melted.. I love Renault"

Status
Not open for further replies.