ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup HATERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Golf GTD Mk7
Yeah it has cruise buttons because it has cruise. Both steering wheels are the worst I've ever seen in any perforamnce car, so how the f**k they form any part of an FF vs. Cup debate, is beyond me.

I know what you mean mate. I need a smaller, better made and similar style for mine. OE ones is melting more by the day. I'm dreading summer. Probably come out to the car and the wheel will be all over my recaros :mad:

I have a 182 with cup packs ......and badges (not added by me)

Best of both worlds badges and leather Hmmmm

182 Cup
There's no hate for the 182 cups, but I can't recall anyone ever advising someone to buy one.

I used to fight in the 182 cup corner, but ever since I found out that the 182ff came with shiney Renaultsport sill strips my arguments aren't valid anymore.

Renaultsport 220T
There's no hate for the 182 cups, but I can't recall anyone ever advising someone to buy one.

I used to fight in the 182 cup corner, but ever since I found out that the 182ff came with shiney Renaultsport sill strips my arguments aren't valid anymore.

Don't forget the superior headlining. ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Roffle at the steering wheel comments. The FF is bigger and falls apart quicker. They both melt, and they're both about 1000mm in diameter. I love the FF heroes. They seem to think they're driving around in a f**king supersonic Maybach.

FLOL!!!

I am with Benton on this.

172cup was an amazing beast.

the 182 cup was just to make a cheaper version. still does exactly the same thing as the 182.

Renaultsport Clio 172
They probably haven't made an opinion, merely jumped on the bandwagon.

I ended up going for a cup, as the 1*2 xenons are poor (uprated bulbs are actually brighter), the climate doesn't work well (and you still get AC), and the autowipers are terrible.

No ofense mate, but mine is all the other way arround, auto wipes/climate/xenons are far better than no having them, and I have had both, and xenons are wonderfull compared to the s**tty halogen ones

Last edited:
  Renaultsport Clio 172
And I guess we all miss something, 182 cup is indeed lighter and goes best. All the toys they said saved 20kgs, I bet it was way more.

To have a fair comparison, a FF172 is 1120ks (at scales) and a 182 cup was 1060, so 60 will make a difference. And are faster

182 Cup
And I guess we all miss something, 182 cup is indeed lighter and goes best. All the toys they said saved 20kgs, I bet it was way more.

To have a fair comparison, a FF172 is 1120ks (at scales) and a 182 cup was 1060, so 60 will make a difference. And are faster

Too right! The 20kg saving gives the 182 cup an extra 3bhp per ton over the posh interior light version. T-H-R-E-E!!!

How'd you like them apples full fat fanboys?!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a 172 with a FF spec and now a Trophy with the Cup spec. Personally I'd always recommend someone to get a 182 with Cup packs as I sorley miss my Xenons and auto lights. I also couldn't put up with the cloth seats in the Cup. I don't care if they are the same seats only in leather trim, they still look awful. Wouldn't say it was a pointless car - that's a bit harsh.

Weight does make a difference, my 182 (FF) is 1015kg. So I've gained ~20bhp over the standard car.
Some people spends £ks to get that extra bhp

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Weight does make a difference, my 182 (FF) is 1015kg. So I've gained ~20bhp over the standard car.
Some people spends £ks to get that extra bhp

How much do the cars weigh as standard? Also,... 20bhp of which I assume you mean per tonne sounds an awful lot to be gained from stripping.

MCS R56

In a lab under test conditions!

Well if a standard car is 1150kg, my car produces 182bhp (coincidently!)

That = 158 bhp/ton

@ 1015kg = 179 bhp/ton

(Think my maths is correct!)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Mine weighs 999kg, with xenons, abs, aircon. And as more bits fall off, it'll get lighter.

MCS R56
Well if a standard car is 1150kg, my car produces 182bhp (coincidently!)

That = 160.8 bhp/ton

@ 1015kg = 182.19 bhp/ton

(Think my maths is correct!)

It doesn't produce 182 bhp, it produces 180bhp. And you'll be lucky if it's near 180, too!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
*Holding constant power at 182 bhp for consistency*

Well, 182bhp with a weight of 1015kg is 179.31 bhp.

Applying your formula that you've gained 20bhp per tonne that would mean that the standard kerb weight would be 1142kg meaning you have lost 127kgs. That sounds f**king impossible.

Per letstorquebhp a 182 weighs around 1080 kg to start with - not sure how accurate that is. Meaning that actually the bhp per tonne corrected is 168.519 - which seems a bit more realistic. This means you've gained 10bhp not 20bhp.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
LOL 182 cheap.

all 182's are 182 chav chariots :cool:

i've cast, who is going to bite?

Renaultsport Clio 172
In a lab under test conditions!

Sadly no, that is in real life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjwwB9upciw

172 (mine and from where the video was recorded) has...

matched inlets
Induction Kit
182 CAT and Remus back box (custom line)
rempa

182 only had the induction kit, so I guess that all power differences can be drained (iin theory)

My 172 has always been ok and is a tiny bit faster that other clios 172, but I simply can't with 182's (in Mexico all 182 are cups and all 172 are FF), and haven't only ran agains the blue in the video, but couple of them. Same result always

So to me is all down to power/wight ratio, so 182 cups are faster

Last edited:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
As shown on the previous page there is no 20bhp per tonne gain to be had. 20bhp p/t based on Shadow's figures means 127kg needs to be taken from a Clio which is about 20 stone. If someone can show me 20 stone coming from a Clio I'll eat my hat.

MCS R56
Sadly no, that is in real life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjwwB9upciw

172 (mine and from where the video was recorded) has...

matched inlets
Induction Kit
182 CAT and Remus back box (custom line)
rempa

182 only had the induction kit, so I guess that all power differences can be drained (iin theory)

My 172 has always been ok and is a tiny bit faster that other clios 172, but I simply can't with 182's (in Mexico all 182 are cups and all 172 are FF), and haven't only ran agains the blue in the video, but couple of them. Same result always

So to me is all down to power/wight ratio, so 182 cups are faster

Not noticable in real life, hence my test conditions comment. Everyone knows the 172 Cup is the fastest.

Also, your video proves nothing. And you got rinsed by a Fiesta ST!

Last edited:
As shown on the previous page there is no 20bhp per tonne gain to be had. 20bhp p/t based on Shadow's figures means 127kg needs to be taken from a Clio which is about 20 stone. If someone can show me 20 stone coming from a Clio I'll eat my hat.

I based that figure on the weight being 1150, which I read in a few threads where people had a standard car weighed.

Why is that so unbelievable? Granted it's probably not quite that much, but 100kg is easily achievable.
I had Trendlines, which weighed a ton each! Replaces with very light bucket seats.
Pro Race 1.2s, which are significantly lighter than standard 182 wheels. If you take 15" 1.2s being 5ish kg, and standard wheels being 9ish kg, thats a saving of 16kg straight away!

The backseats etc aren't massively heavy, but the carpets are! It all adds up!

Burp's car was sub 900kg, (PH1) just as an example too.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
This has gone rather off topic.

We all know 182 Cups are for cheapskates who like saying "i have a Hardcore clio", but are not man enough to handle a proper cup. ;)

I like cruise control :D

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I tried to paste my workings it's not worked.

Ok, looked at your workings.... Based on your estimate of a Clio weighing 1150 KG your gain of 20bhp p/t stacks up. However, now you're saying that based on that you've saved 135 KG. You've taken out of your car 135KG. Honestly that's sooo much. 21 stone. You haven't saved that weight.

Last edited:
Well that's what my car was when it was corned weighted. (And I had the standard 182 wheels on then too now I think about it)

It all depends on what the car weighed standard, I dont know what mine was, from reading they range from 1120-1150kgs.

So based on that I've lost 100kg ish

That's not that much, the weight of a big passenger lol!

I tried to paste my workings it's not worked.

Ok, looked at your workings.... Based on your estimate of a Clio weighing 1150 KG your gain of 20bhp p/t stacks up. However, now you're saying that based on that you've saved 135 KG. You've taken out of your car 135KG. Honestly that's sooo much. 21 stone. You haven't saved that weight.

Why are you hung up on 20bhp/ton all the time?! Just work out the weight difference and calculate the bhp/ton different, not work out what the weight should have been if I've gained 20bhp!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Why are you hung up on 20bhp/ton all the time?! Just work out the weight difference and calculate the bhp/ton different, not work out what the weight should have been if I've gained 20bhp!

Why? Becuase you said you gained 20bhp per tonne from stripping and I think it's far fetched - which is supported by calculations (imo). You're saying you have taken out 20 stone of weight, 120 kg. That's alot of weight.

It sounds to me as if you're weights are wrong or you're driving around in a car with f**k all left in it. (I.e one seat, CF panels and plastic windows). Look at Burps, look at yours and think is there a small differential.

Status
Not open for further replies.