ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Information

cly

clio sport
I am looking to buy a 182 cup but I think it is just a 182 with and the cup packs have been added. Am I right that the cups only came in inferno and racing blue?

Cup was only in Inferno and Racing Blue.

On a side note, the 182 cup was a poor attempt by Renault and no comparison to the 172 cup which was significantly lighter.

The best and most popular option is the 182 with both cup packs added. Its only around 50kg heavier iirc and has all the benefits of the cup with the added luxuries and comforts.

cly

clio sport
Thank you :)

Yeh I realise that I was keen for the 172 cup but an opportunity has came up for a 182 so I'm looking at all options.

I'll go out on a whim here, and say that the vast majority of 182 Cup owners bought them purely because they were cheaper, not better.
Unless you're stripping it for a track car I really can't see any reason for buying a 182 cup over a cup packed 182.

Golf GTD Mk7
Cup was only in Inferno and Racing Blue.

On a side note, the 182 cup was a poor attempt by Renault and no comparison to the 172 cup which was significantly lighter.

The best and most popular option is the 182 with both cup packs added. Its only around 50kg heavier iirc and has all the benefits of the cup with the added luxuries and comforts.

20kg IIRC :S

I bought a Cup because it was cheaper, with the benefit of knowing that it certainly couldn't be slower than the regular car. Second hand there's no real reason to buy a Cup. Saying that, remember that being a Renault, many of the fabled toys either don't actually work very well, or fall off.

cly

clio sport
I'll go out on a whim here, and say that the vast majority of 182 Cup owners bought them purely because they were cheaper, not better.
Unless you're stripping it for a track car I really can't see any reason for buying a 182 cup over a cup packed 182.

Well not planning on tracking the car, but the 182 is looking a good option as it has all the extras

320d

Probably true that. Its a good enough reason too imo. If your not bothered about luxuries and want to save a bit of cash why not.

The Cup's don't seem to lose value any quicker than a FF. I'd rahter have a 182 Cup than non-cup packed.

Golf GTD Mk7
preferably one with recaros in too ;) Don't do what I did and spent a fortune on getting some retro fitted.

cly

clio sport
Don't buy a 182 Cup.

Get a 182 with the packs.

Well that's what I'm looking at. It's black with the cup packs.

preferably one with recaros in too ;) Don't do what I did and spent a fortune on getting some retro fitted.

Lol. well this one has half leathers so will do me fine.

But if its a 182 with cup packs is it insured as a 182 or a 182 cup?

182 FF Cupped
mine has both cup packs but is insured as a standard "from the manufacturer" car with no modifications

racing blue clio 182
hi there how do i tell the diference ive got a racing blue 182 it has standard wheels in anthracite and half leather,xenons etc.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
hi there how do i tell the diference ive got a racing blue 182 it has standard wheels in anthracite and half leather,xenons etc.

the 182 cup has poverty spec interior, manual air can ( 3 dials ), halogen headlights

standard 182 has anthracite seats, zenons & climate control-

options ( cup packs )

spoiler, splitter & suspension + alloys

S

BG182FF
wish i didnt rush to buy mine as there are so many good examples. id try find one with fitted recaros and sat nav built in. but i got neither. but ive had the car nearly three years and 182s were not so popular then

Yozza'd Monster 182
i know this is pretty old but i dont know what model i have. well i have a 182 with climate, xenon's, carbon splitter. i take it its got cup packs but how do i find out if i have cup suspension? i want to upgrade to coilovers soon but dont want to buy ones that wont fit. thanks

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
i know this is pretty old but i dont know what model i have. well i have a 182 with climate, xenon's, carbon splitter. i take it its got cup packs but how do i find out if i have cup suspension? i want to upgrade to coilovers soon but dont want to buy ones that wont fit. thanks

Take it to JMS to check the front wheel hubs to be 100% sure-

S

Yozza'd Monster 182
JMS tuning, uxbridge?
its a bit far for me to go just to check, anyway i can check it myself?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
JMS tuning, uxbridge?
its a bit far for me to go just to check, anyway i can check it myself?

You can-- but if your thinking of upgrading to coilovers you could discuss that with JMS while your there....
S

Clio 182 arctic
yours isnt a cup then. cups dont have half leather or xenons or climate control.
oops just spotted, that was ages ago :eek: