ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup pack spring options, shocks and top mounts ?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Hi everyone,

a very long time since i have asked a question on here…

my 182 has standard cup pack suspension and a front spring has snapped. I have found out they are no longer available from Renault so want to know what is the best replacement that keeps it standard. Im not looking for a lowering spring or to change to coilovers. I will be buying new cup pack shocks for whatever springs i end up getting. From what i have read, eibach prolines seem to be a preferred option?

Also interested in what else i will need as i want to replace it all. Top mounts? I remember reading issues about newer versions not fitting properly. Is this still an issue and if so what is the way of solving it?

thanks for any advice
Austin

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Eibach Pro Line springs will be what you need.

They're the only ones I'm aware of that don't lower the car noticeably over stock springs.

Edit - Febi top mounts fit without knocking.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I know you said you don't want to lower it but I had this problem when I MOTd it 2 weeks ago. Mine was still on genuine cup springs
I went for Grams springs. It does lower it slightly, maybe about 20 mm but I can honestly say it feels much more planted now. I wish I'd got Grams springs earlier. They were only 130 quid delivered 😊

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I know you said you don't want to lower it but I had this problem when I MOTd it 2 weeks ago. Mine was still on genuine cup springs
I went for Grams springs. It does lower it slightly, maybe about 20 mm but I can honestly say it feels much more planted now. I wish I'd got Grams springs earlier. They were only 130 quid delivered 😊

do you have any pics? I feel like i have seen some and they look really low? I have done just 300 miles over the last year it only moves every week or so to keep everything running right.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Eibach Pro Line springs will be what you need.

They're the only ones I'm aware of that don't lower the car noticeably over stock springs.

Edit - Febi top mounts fit without knocking.

thanks Daz. Do you happen to know the part number for the febi mounts?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Proline springs on Autodoc seems considerably cheaper than everywhere else. Anyone any experience with them? Not sure why the price is so different

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Special deals for big German companies buying directly from Eibach Germany that other companies are not allowed to get. It means also any warranty issues are with Germany and cannot be processed in the UK.

Proline springs on Autodoc seems considerably cheaper than everywhere else. Anyone any experience with them? Not sure why the price is so different
Bought from Autodoc many times, albeit not in the past few months when we've been having this logistics crisis. They are based in Germany as are Eibach which probably contributes to the keen pricing.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
do you have any pics? I feel like i have seen some and they look really low? I have done just 300 miles over the last year it only moves every week or so to keep everything running right.
I think it looks spot on now. Like I said. The drop is only very subtle, about 20mm at most and it's handles so much better.
I ordered on Monday afternoon and they came Tuesday morning. I can't recommend them and Kam racing highly enough 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20210916_095113.jpg
    IMG_20210916_095113.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 133

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
You wont go wrong with the Eibach Proline springs, better quality than Renault, ride will be as good or better and will settle after time and look just right, I'm glad I changed over from OEM springs which in my case kept breaking.
I paid £120 five years ago for front and back set, those came direct from Germany - best price at the time.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
You wont go wrong with the Eibach Proline springs, better quality than Renault, ride will be as good or better and will settle after time and look just right, I'm glad I changed over from OEM springs which in my case kept breaking.
I paid £120 five years ago for front and back set, those came direct from Germany - best price at the time.

will be putting new dampers on too so should feel brilliant as current ones are the 16 year old originals! £107 seems a bargain then if that was 5 years ago.

Renault Clio 182
will be putting new dampers on too so should feel brilliant as current ones are the 16 year old originals! £107 seems a bargain then if that was 5 years ago.
Hi I'm after some Eibach Pro line springs how did you get them for £107 as can only see them for £120..

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
If they're shipped from Germany - I hope you don't get stuffed with VAT or import duties, not sure of the rules ATM. Be interested to know when you get them.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
If they're shipped from Germany - I hope you don't get stuffed with VAT or import duties, not sure of the rules ATM. Be interested to know when you get them.
Will be no issues with that mate had an order from Germany last week. No issues other than takes a bit longer to arrive. Will keep you updated.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I use autodoc all the time and spend in excess of £400 no charges , there prices are so good for certain things

Renault Clio 182
I've ordered the prolines too, being delivered tomorrow....going to get the cup shocks also....what top mounts you going for?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I've ordered the prolines too, being delivered tomorrow....going to get the cup shocks also....what top mounts you going for?
Im going to get febi as everything i read seems to indicate they are the best fit, like the originals before they changed the design. I will be putting it all together with new cup shocks too.

where are you getting the shocks from? Cheapest i have found is £125 on eBay. Closest to that is £140 on rpd.

Renault Clio 182
I'm going through Kamracing....£205 for both rear and fronts....where are you getting the Febi mounts, I've been looking but if you have a link it would be much appreciated?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going through Kamracing....£205 for both rear and fronts....where are you getting the Febi mounts, I've been looking but if you have a link it would be much appreciated?

Those are what i will be ordering

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Im going to get febi as everything i read seems to indicate they are the best fit, like the originals before they changed the design. I will be putting it all together with new cup shocks too.

where are you getting the shocks from? Cheapest i have found is £125 on eBay. Closest to that is £140 on rpd.
I have brand new febi top mounts i will selling as ive fitted coilovers and solid top mounts instead of cup shocks

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

Those are what i will be ordering
A bit cheaper here. Only £37.50 delivered.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174180854687?epid=249198117&hash=item288dfceb9f:g:siIAAOSwAnJg4vuf

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Quick question, what's the issue with the OEM top mounts? I've got some new shocks and springs waiting to be fitted and I just bought the OEM mounts, is my day going to be ruined when I try to fit them?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
They were out of stock at Renault. We've just taken a delivery of the OEM top mounts so they are back up on the shop.
I thought people were having problems with the new style renault top mount where they dont fit properly leaving a gap? My understanding is the febi are the same design as the original renault mount from new.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I know people have got a gap when the car is in certain steering position but I'm not sure its ever been an actual problem when the car is in use.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone knownof any cheaper alternatives to renault prices for the bolts and gaitors

£55 for 4 bolts is a disgrace!?!? And £36 for 2 gaitors?!?!
2E02BB47-B17F-4EF0-8D53-BDC78FEF8B4B.jpeg

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Anyone knownof any cheaper alternatives to renault prices for the bolts and gaitors

£55 for 4 bolts is a disgrace!?!? And £36 for 2 gaitors?!?!
View attachment 1564327

I bought my nuts, bolts and washers for the front shocks from

If a remember rightly, I bought:-

M14 x 60mm 10.9 BZP bolts (would buy 65mm length next time round)
M14 BZP-8 thick nyloc nuts
M14 Form A BZP washers

just checked on their site and 4 bolts, 4 nuts & 10 washers delivered are just over £22.

The bolts don’t have the splined section on the shank like he OEM ones do, but they‘ve been fitted to the car since 2018 and I’ve not had any issues whatsoever.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I bought my nuts, bolts and washers for the front shocks from

If a remember rightly, I bought:-

M14 x 60mm 10.9 BZP bolts (would buy 65mm length next time round)
M14 BZP-8 thick nyloc nuts
M14 Form A BZP washers

just checked on their site and 4 bolts, 4 nuts & 10 washers delivered are just over £22.

The bolts don’t have the splined section on the shank like he OEM ones do, but they‘ve been fitted to the car since 2018 and I’ve not had any issues whatsoever.
Thanks for this mate, although i have just ended up ordering it all from RPD. I just cant get over the fact a full damper is £70 and 4 bolts are £55 lol.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone know what these are for and if they are needed ? I don't remember these on the standard suspension before.
09F8DA7D-9273-4A67-A034-536A240E317D.jpeg

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This thread is pretty comprehensive in explaining how these spacers fit with the updated Renault top mounts.

I’ve read on here (and there’s a bit in the above thread) that quite a few people have had issues with these updated/revised top mounts & spacers, so go for the febi version of the original style top mounts - I went for the febi ones when I replaced my top mounts a few years ago and had no issues whatsoever. The febi part number is 37597 If you’re needing replacement items.

edit:- just seen above that you’re looking to use the febi top mounts, so you won’t need those new spacers.