ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 CUP suspension 2 stiff?

Titanium 182
Anyone stuffed this in their 182

It seems that my rear suspension is rather harder..harder then my last cup.

Seems to feel really skitty when you hit a bump kinda skips out a little

Anyone else experienced this or is it just me

RSC 182 Cup
I find it a bit too hard for Australian roads. Mid corner bumps when pushing a bit can be disconcerting......

Going to 15" rims might help a bit with 205/50 tyres? Or getting some better shock absorbers- although the selection is very limited thanks to the different front hub bolt spacing. :(

200 FF Storm Grey
I know what you mean with the mid-corner bumps but think it's pretty un-avoidable, only larger tyres could dampen it slightly but you're always going to get that hopping type sensation

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I find it a bit too hard for Australian roads. Mid corner bumps when pushing a bit can be disconcerting......

Going to 15" rims might help a bit with 205/50 tyres? Or getting some better shock absorbers- although the selection is very limited thanks to the different front hub bolt spacing. :(

If its out of control on a mid corner bump, then maybe leaky rear dampers?

iceberg silver 172
heres 3x sets of shocks you can buy sport , cup, & extreme i was told by renault they've prob fitted wrong ones from factory!

Dodgy one
^^ Mine had a single ordinary 1*2 shock on it instead of a cup one without me realising til i took it off and it did feel rather odd to drive.

RSC 182 Cup
heres 3x sets of shocks you can buy sport , cup, & extreme i was told by renault they've prob fitted wrong ones from factory!

What were the "extreme" shocks fitted to?

I actually fully removed my rears before the warranty expired and checked them out of the vehicle. No leaks and they were "stiff as" to extend and compress. (A little less rebound damping would probably improve things over decent bumps? Both front and rear shocks seem to have too much to me?)

I'm about to try out 15" rims with 205/50 tyres in the next couple of weeks, but I need to decide what tyres to get first.

Tyre choices over here in 205/50R15 is very limited- none of the major manufacturers import their top range tyres in sizes under 17".... :S

Even the stock Exaltos are hard to get and the only size that Michelin imports them into the country is 205/45R16. They only import limited numbers and don't list them on their website.