ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup vs 182 ff

Clio 182cup
Hey guys and gals, just wondered what your take is on the clio 182 cup compared to the clio 182 ff. And is it a myth that you can get the 182 cup standard with recaros? thanks

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
just get a ff with cup packs, you get a few toys and decentish springs! 182 cup isnt any quicker than a FF.

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
And if you decide to track it, you can strip 20kg out of the interior very easily, bringing it down to Cup weight.

RB 200 Cup!
* awaits paul to come say Cup is best thing since sliced bread and then post pics of his bloody exhausts again! ;)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
* awaits paul to come say Cup is best thing since sliced bread and then post pics of his bloody exhausts again! ;)

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yes! ;)

Love the Timmay almost as much as i love my Cup!

182 Cup 0.69 - 6.9 ftw
182 with cup pack 7.1 ftl!

need i say any more! ;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thats odd cos on parkers it says they are all 6.9, except

182 Cup
I didn't say it was better than any other RenaultSport! Though I wouldn't say that it's completely pointless either, after all it can move rubbish to the tip and take me to the shops. But there was a major benefit when it was new - the price!

I like all the RenaultSport cars, and without wanting to get into an argument about it, I just saw your post as being rather harsh.

I didn't say it was better than any other RenaultSport! Though I wouldn't say that it's completely pointless either, after all it can move rubbish to the tip and take me to the shops. But there was a major benefit when it was new - the price!

I like all the RenaultSport cars, and without wanting to get into an argument about it, I just saw your post as being rather harsh.

Maybe, but I didnt really see any reason to sugar coat it.

As a model its pointless IMO.

Honest question, why didnt you buy a normal 182? It wasnt *that* much cheaper was it?

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yes! ;)

Love the Timmay almost as much as i love my Cup!

182 Cup 0.69 - 6.9 ftw
182 with cup pack 7.1 ftl!

need i say any more! ;)

ooh your're making me blush!

:)

182 CUP FTW 182 CUP FTW
182 CUP FTW 182 CUP FTW
182 CUP FTW 182 CUP FTW
182 CUP FTW 182 CUP FTW
182 CUP FTW 182 CUP FTW
182 CUP FTW 182 CUP FTW
182 CUP FTW 182 CUP FTW
182 CUP FTW 182 CUP FTW
182 CUP FTW 182 CUP FTW
182 CUP FTW 182 CUP FTW
182 CUP FTW 182 CUP FTW
182 CUP FTW 182 CUP FTW

thats my lines done for the day! now

---------------------------------------------------------END OF THREAD

;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Surely the 197 cup also fits into this? 197 with cup packs is the better choice?

182 Cup
Maybe, but I didnt really see any reason to sugar coat it.

As a model its pointless IMO.

Honest question, why didnt you buy a normal 182? It wasnt *that* much cheaper was it?

It was a couple of thousand pounds cheaper at the time and I wasn't really fussed about nice seats in the back or climate control or xenon headlights. I knew I was going to make some changes to it when the warrenty ran out to make it more focused for the track, and that involved removing most of the interior.

I also knew that I wasn't planning on selling the car for at least five years, so resale value wasn't a particular concern.

I'll freely admit that I wished they had made it as focused as the 172 cup in the first place, but as I use mine as a daily driver too, ABS is a very welcome feature.

I just saw the 182 cup as being a good basis for a fun track car. And yes, I know I could have done things so much cheaper to get a fun track Clio by buying second hand, but we all like to do things differently and I must admit it's reassuring knowing 100% the history of the car.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
To be honest Inferno, I think Revels was going along the lines of it being pointless in the sense it was called a Cup, rather than the benefits of purchasing it over a non-cup 182. It's still an awesome car, but doesn't quite live up to the Cup name the 172 version created. But again, it's still an awesome car, and I would have picked it over the standard 182 too :)

Revels can be blunt, but it sure fired up this thread nicely!

Yeh, thats more what I meant.

Its just not quite enough. The 172Cup had much more dramatic changes, the 182Cup is more a "weve got loads of shells, what shall we do"

Its lost, for me, what are key items that Id want in a Clio for no gain in speed. Its only benefit really is its price.

Which, ironically doesn't seem to make that much of a difference when it comes to re-sale.

182 Cup
All fair points, and I love the alcantara door trims, but I'd not had a problem with the cheaper cup items purely because I'd never so much as even sat in a FF until last month! The seats were never an issue as I had the Recaros speced when I bought it.

The thing about the 182 cups was that unless you'd been in a FF prior to having one, you'd be hard pressed to say what's missing, and the standard spec was still pretty high.

For me, with my plans for the car, a new 182 cup was ideal. But I will be keeping my eye out for some FF door trims!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
ive had both and i dont miss anything the ff has!

Revels being blunt never ;)

(now i dont want banning from the above comment! im just stating fact on both subjects :eek:)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
sorry marky what there are less or more?! :S

in theory there should be less what with them making less?!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
sorry marky what there are less or more?! :S

in theory there should be less what with them making less?!
I only seem to see cups for sale. Everytime i click and see it's another cup i die a little inside :(

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
There is less inferno 182s and 182 FF than there is inferno cups ;)

never seen a inferno 182 actually

Last edited:
  2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
renault never actually called it ff though did they?!

They called it the 182 cup
the 182 with cup packs

as far as i was aware :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
there is 182, 182 with cup packs (the FF) and the 182 cup