ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Wheels

Mk4 .:R32
This could be a helpful thread or just a thread of pure fail.

I went to take my wheels off the 182 today ( cup wheels ), undone the 4 wheel nuts and the wheel still didnt come off. I noticed there is a nut in the centre of the wheel, just behind the centre cap, do I have to undo that too Lmao, I didnt have the right tool so I didnt try...

I did a search but i failed at that too..

Sorry not the most mechanical minded :).

Matt

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol, no don't udue that, just give it kick or to, sound like abit of bymetalic(sp) corossion due to lack of grease.

Golf GTD Mk7
Just the 4 bolts mate. Sometimes the wheels get stuck on good and proper. You might need to give it a kick, just have someone else there to catch the wheel. Try kicking from under the car. It will come loose eventually

Golf GTD Mk7
Make sure its on axle stand though as the renault jack probably wont do so well under all the rocking.

Ahh right! I did jig it about quite alot and it really wasn't moving. Might have to lubricate it with something before hand! Thanks for your replys

Golf GTD Mk7
Doubt lubing would help much. Best thing to do to stop them doing it again is a bit of copper grease when you replace the wheel.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Mine did this the other day, not the wisest option but i resorted to undoing the bolts a few threads and driving my car up the road came back, the bolts had tightened up, undid them and pop the wheel was off =]

Mine did this the other day, not the wisest option but i resorted to undoing the bolts a few threads and driving my car up the road came back, the bolts had tightened up, undid them and pop the wheel was off =]

F**k that! il stick to hitting it a few times lol

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

How to fcuk your wheel up and potentially your hub :eek: .

If any wheel is stuck on it'll be stuck on with s**t and rust . As advised above , a good hard kick should shift it . If you can't kick it hard enough get a man to do it for you ;)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
How to fcuk your wheel up and potentially your hub :eek: .

If any wheel is stuck on it'll be stuck on with s**t and rust . As advised above , a good hard kick should shift it . If you can't kick it hard enough get a man to do it for you ;)

the play was minute, Literally a thread so about 1mm. kicking and all other attempts failed.
The wheel is fine next time i need a real man to come get my wheel off thats welded on with rust i'll give you a call.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
the play was minute, Literally a thread so about 1mm. kicking and all other attempts failed.
The wheel is fine next time i need a real man to come get my wheel off thats welded on with rust i'll give you a call.

No problem . Next time you need a hand taking off your wheel give me a bell or any other manly task for that matter ;)

Tel. 0909 656 1299