ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup?

Went to my dealer today to see what sort of deal i could get, i wanted just a 182 with cup pack but ended up looking at a 05 182 cup, Test drove it and loved it just couldnt agree on price.
I got them down from £251 p/m to £171 p/m over 48months with a final payment over 3k! I wanted them to give me £155 over 60months but they couldnt do it.

Was i right to walk away or do you think they were offering a good deal?

cock mobile.
Never go for these final payment offer things, you'll never have it to pay!

Try your bank for a loan and negotiate a cash deal.

RB 200 Cup!
hmm tought situation - personally id never get a car on finance with a dealer - its always best to get a bank loan

MINI JCW
Agree a cash price with the dealer then get a loan to pay off your old car and the remaining balance on the new one

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Dazza82 said:
Ive still got the finance on what ive got now and they were going to pay that off

No, they just hand the car back to the finance company as it is in your terms and conditions, they will not be paying anything off (unless you are less than half way through your current term)

So dont be fooled.

I'm paying £280pcm over 48 months with a proper bank loan of £12k. Payed £12.3k for The Cup brand new in Jan '05. Unsecured bank loan is the only way to fly.

chiefsilverback said:
Get an unsecured loan from the bank, it's the best way....
YEP SAME HERE GET A LOAN FROM A BANK, ALLIANCE AND LEICESTER ARE REASONABLE WITH 5.9%APR ON £5000 - £25000
** (EDIT)sorry its in capitals, but cant be arsed to write it out again**

BMW 120i Sport
Bank loan isn't necessarily always the best way, it depends on what you want to do with the car. If you want to change your car fairly frequently, then a lease/purchase scheme can benefit you by having a car with a very good residual value so that you essentially only keep the car for 2/3 years and then have a final balloon payment that allows you to either

1) buy the car at the end of the term
2) hand it back and walk away (essentially you've rented it)
3) if the car value is higher than the final figure, use that as a deposit for something new

This also lowers the monthly payment for more expensive cars, however as you are all already aware the APR will be lower with a bank loan but you'll be paying it back for a good four/five years most likely.

Works well for cars that are very expensive; take a porsche boxster S - sticker price will probably be (for example) £35000 (try getting a bank loan for that!) but residual price will be (again, guessing) £20000 after 3 years, so in theory you're only financing £15000 because the final payment is large. After three years, hand it back and get something new.

It's horses for courses, but i'm a regular car switcher and prefer not to have the negative equity of a bank loan - it's too tempting to take the loan over a long term and not cover the depreciation of car in favour of lowering the monthly payments.

Dazza82 said:
I only paid £1000 more than that for my brand new 182 Cup last May from Swan Renault in Chichester. Although when the salesman first quoted me a price for the car it was near on £15k!!! With all the gap inusrance, mats, supaguard crap added onto the rrp. Talk the talk and do a deal, but the only thing going against you is that you have a car on finance.

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
Get a loan and buy cash and then you can look at private sales which will be a darn sight cheaper than that but will still have a lot of warranty left on them.

Mine is always for sale at the right price ;)

Steve