ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup

Does anybody know Renaults plans for 182 cup? Ive read a couple of mags and the view is conflicting.

Is it going to be 182 with a £200 cup pack, or a proper lightweight Cup?

I wonder if they will do some sort of CUP style special edition later in the year though. I suppose it will depend on sales.

There not planning on bringing out a 182 Cup but you can buy the Cup Package for it which includes uprated suspension. Theres some good magazine reviews - try Evo.

Evo Magazone :

For the Clio 182 you really want, Renault asks you to hand over 200 notes for the Cup chassis option. Its a form of blackmail because if you buy a 182 youll regret it. The option involves a 3mm lower ride height, spring rates up a further 20% at the front and 15% at the rear, and even trickier Michelins

And the final paragraph sounds promising:

In fact, so good is the clio 182 with the Cup chassis set up that i feel moved to make a bold statement - i think its the BEST hot hatch ever built

Carl.

insignia

not really coz the 182 already has all the stuff a 172 cup has, but more & all the luxuries aswell.cant beat it

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 04 February 2004

Shame really...

NO!!!! Think of your residuals man!

Imagine how much more the Williams would be worth if theyd have only made the original 400! - Thousands!

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 04 February 2004

not really coz the 182 already has all the stuff a 172 cup has, but more & all the luxuries aswell.cant beat it

Thats not really the point as the Cup was lightened to maximise performance whereas the 182 isnt.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 04 February 2004

NO!!!! Think of your residuals man!

Imagine how much more the Williams would be worth if theyd have only made the original 400! - Thousands!
Actually... good point man! ;)