ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 custom cat-back exhaust

I've just had a custom CAT back system installed by Tony Banks based in Leeds, and have to say they did a very professional job. However I am slightly disappointed with the sound. They suggested I let the exhaust bed in for a couple of thousand miles, and if i'm still not happy to consider a decat.

With a decat does anyone know if the car will go in to limp mode and need a remap or will it be ok? And anyone's opinion on whether this system will sound better in time will be appreciated. There is no middle box, but 2 rear silencers which they fitted.

Thanks

clio sport 172
i had a decat on my gr.a exhaust system - you won't get any power gain just more in-cabin noise + you have to swap it every time for mot, so in my opinion not worth it.
but if you decide for decat i would advise you to get a remap (infact with the ph1 twin-cat i had better results than wit the decat when i mapped the car)
regarding your exhaust what is it that you don't like - is it too quiet for you or?