ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ECU / Remap / RS Tuner

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Just a small question I have regarding my trophy.
Almost a year to the day I bought the car and it was advertised with having a yozza and a remap with an RS tuner.

Now the yozza I know is there as I can see it but as for the remap I can't.

Now tonight I done alittle test and drove it till the green gear shift light came on.
Now I only done this after about an hours worth or easy driving to let the car really warm up as I'm sure I have seen on the forum that the green light will come on early if the car is cold.

The green light flashed at around 8000RPM but it was deff over 7500RPM
I done this in 1,2,3 and 4th gear (only the once)

Does this give me a clue that my car might have been mapped with an RS tuner ?

Black 182 FF
I think the rev limit has certainly been raised so it looks like it's been mapped one way or the other.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Thanks Guys for the input.

For me to find out would i need to buy an RS tuner ?
I do undertsnad that if i buy a second hand one i will need to buy an unlock license for it from henk.

225 Cup & Williams
I think if you just plug an RS tuner in it will tell you on the side bar of the program what cal file your ecu has. I think the raised limiter goes to 7800k after an RS tuner map it does on my ph1 anyway.

Clio 172 ph2
the RS tuner remap should have a higher idle speed than stock somewhere close to 900 rpm ...and a 7500-7600 rpm rev limit .

Last edited:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
As said the owner of the car before me who i bought it off told me that he deff did have it remapped with an RS Tuner but there was no paperwork or anything to prove this apart from his word.

I do know he sold some bits and bobs before he sold the car and that he took the yozza sport stickers off the car also so im thinking he sold the RS Tuner before he sold me the car to get some cash for it.

The limiter does kick in very early when the car is cold or even if its only been running for 15mins or so and the idle is spot on with it sitting at around 500RPM with no issues.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
i don`t believe the idle is at 500 rpm :) . Remember the first line on the dash is 500 rpm ...

Your right that was a number picked out of the sky as i cant be ar$ed going out the car and its not somethng i take a note of but i will later when im out.

you don't need to buy an rs tuner you just need to find someone with one who is willing to plug it to you're car, and select the ecu information tab on the home page and that will give you what software and cal you are running if its mapped with the 98ron map you're data should read:

software:8200
cal file 7804.

But if you're car is running to 7500-8000rpm fastchip(Henk) may have wrote a custom calibration for the car!

as said above just plug one in and see what the software and cal numbers are.;)

1st and 2nd 7200rpm and 7800rpm for 3rd/4th/5th ? I have the lastest remap from a Rs Tuner and a Scan gauge, the real numbers are 7123rpm and 7732rpm and thats the limiter not the shift light which comes in a tad earlier to stop you hitting the limiter.
Giggles at pulling max revs in 4th though, how fast were you going? 130+

o BTW 6800 revs for the Cold limiter before temp hits 75 degrees.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
you don't need to buy an rs tuner you just need to find someone with one who is willing to plug it to you're car, and select the ecu information tab on the home page and that will give you what software and cal you are running if its mapped.
As said above just plug one in and see what the software and cal numbers are.;)

My brother has a newer RS tuner for his clio 197 so i will get him to plug it in at some point and see what it says and post my findings.

Giggles at pulling max revs in 4th though, how fast were you going? 130+

o BTW 6800 revs for the Cold limiter before temp hits 75 degrees.

Thanks for that info on the clod revs and also i do not wish to comment on the speed or where it was carried out ;)

Clio 172 ph2
you don't need to buy an rs tuner you just need to find someone with one who is willing to plug it to you're car, and select the ecu information tab on the home page and that will give you what software and cal you are running if its mapped with the 98ron map you're data should read:

software:8200
cal file 7804.

But if you're car is running to 7500-8000rpm fastchip(Henk) may have wrote a custom calibration for the car!

as said above just plug one in and see what the software and cal numbers are.;)
I don`t believe the software or cal files are different values from the stock ones , because that is the only way you can identify the corect cal for your software so Renault values are the same with henks . If you have a rs tuner , you can click on the read cal , if it lets you read the .cal , then it isn`t a remap from henk .If it doesn`t allow that , it is henk remap , but probabbly you need an rs tuner licence for that :) ,and probably that`s the main reason for wich will not let you read the .cal.
Stock RS has 7250 rpm rev limit . The henk remap has 7500 and 6700 when cold , and 4250 for stationary( launch control mod)

Last edited:
I don`t believe the software or cal files are different values from the stock ones , because that is the only way you can identify the corect cal for your software so Renault values are the same with henks . If you have a rs tuner , you can click on the read cal , if it lets you read the .cal , then it isn`t a remap from henk .If it doesn`t allow that , it is henk remap , but probabbly you need an rs tuner licence for that :) ,and probably that`s the main reason for wich will not let you read the .cal.

renault software 8000
renault cal 7802

henks software 8200
henks cal 7804

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Just pluged in the RS Tuner that my brother has and is says that when i try and read cal that the ECU is locked but here is the info i got from it.

Software Version - 8200
Calibration Version - 7804

182RSTumer.gif

It then said i had some fault codes when i have taken a picture off soim going to nip uop to renault and get the clip popped on the car

d8a1b77b.gif

Last edited:
  Clio 172 ph2
different versions I believe .
I have a OEM cal downloaded from the fastchip website and has the name 8200_7804_OEM.cal
On my 172 both the stock and the mod had 6500_5404
renault software 8000
renault cal 7802

henks software 8200
henks cal 7804

renault software 8000
renault cal 7802

henks software 8200
henks cal 7804

^^^^this was my before and after using the rs tuner

different versions I believe .
I have a OEM cal downloaded from the fastchip website and has the name 8200_7804_OEM.cal
On my 172 both the stock and the mod had 6500_5404

yes 172's do run a complete different software and cal ,but like you said they all use the same 98ron map;)

MarcR i would 99% say you are running the XX_STG1_98ron_XX cal file, unless henk has written a specific map for you're car as for finding out if he has or not i don't have a clue:dapprove:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
What the hell is a XX_STG1_98ron_XX map and what good if any is it doing over standard?

225 Cup & Williams
It's the rs tuner 98ron map. Better than the standard map as it helps cold starts, smoothed out the 5k kick bit more low down torque and the raised rev limiter. Got one on my 172.